• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 7 new anime series announced

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoSam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Strawberry Panic! is based on a novel thats serialized in the bishoujo manga magazine Dengeki G's Magazine.

The novel ended and its only 1 volume.

A manga based on the novel started recently in the bishoujo manga magazine Dengeki G's Magazine.

This is a yuri novel/manga/anime for male audience.

Bishoujo magazines are targeted at male audience.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Alright, a new School Rumble! Maybe this one will continue where the other one left off. I just hope the manga can make enough new material by then and not leave us hanging again Anime smallmouth.
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Well, there was a School Rumble OVA announced a while ago, so if there's a new series, it will probably come after that. I don't really expect any plot development though since there really wasn't any in the first series. Hopefully School Rumble will get licensed in the near future.
spleener

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:32 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Well, there was a School Rumble OVA announced a while ago, so if there's a new series, it will probably come after that. I don't really expect any plot development though since there really wasn't any in the first series. Hopefully School Rumble will get licensed in the near future.

The OVA in question just came out on the 22nd and is where the announcement was initially made.

First episode of the two episodes on it is already fansubbed.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Strawberry Panic!........*drools*

We're finally getting some good shoujo-ai series with this and Kasimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl ~. Cool
yuricon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:23 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

We're finally getting some good shoujo-ai series with this and Kasimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl ~. Cool

Well...we're getting yuri. It's not really *good.*. Smile

When they make Strawberry Shake Sweet an anime, then we can say it's *good* yuri.

Other yuri anime coming up in 2006:

Eikyuu Alice (yet another Dengeki manga, by Kaishaku, the team that created the popular, yet incomprehensible, "Kannazuki no Miko.")
Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd season
Simoun

If it goes the same route other Dengeki yuri series have gone, we may see anime for Hayate Cross Blade one day, which would also be good yuri, as opposed to just being yuri. LOL

Cheers,

Erica

Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated."
http://www.yuricon.org
sacchan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Juuosei! I love Itsuki Natsumi's work, and Juuosei is no exception Very Happy It's a great science fiction with an unusual premise.

Nishi no Yoki Majo is a long story...
It's been a while since I've read it.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:27 pm Reply with quote
yuricon wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Well...we're getting yuri. It's not really *good.*. Smile

When they make Strawberry Shake Sweet an anime, then we can say it's *good* yuri.

If it goes the same route other Dengeki yuri series have gone, we may see anime for Hayate Cross Blade one day, which would also be good yuri, as opposed to just being yuri. LOL

Cheers,

Erica

Ooooo, I'm curious about those series. Better research those series. And what about animating Shoujo Sect? That has enough yuri scenes to be immensly fappable (I've check out some scanlations of that manga; the girls are a real knock-out). Embarassed
yuricon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Ooooo, I'm curious about those series. Better research those series. And what about animating Shoujo Sect? That has enough yuri scenes to be immensly fappable (I've check out some scanlations of that manga; the girls are a real knock-out). Embarassed

The fact that it is masturbation material for young men is not the thing that makes a series "good yuri." Good plots, good characters, good relationships - with or without sex - make a series good.

Cheers,

Erica

Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated."
http://www.yuricon.org
NeoSam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:05 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

I hope it gets animated too. Its serialized in a magazine for adult men, and its a yuri manga targeted at adult men.

And I hope more male oriented yuri manga gets animated, like: Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ (a seinen yuri manga), Kannaduki no Miko (a shounen yuri manga), Strawberry Panic! (a male oriented yuri manga, serialized in a bishoujo magazine), HEN (a seinen yuri manga).

Yuri manga serialized in Dengeki magazines are targeted at male audience, so I hope more male-oriented yuri manga from these magazines get animated.
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Boy meets girl.....boy confesses love to girl....boy wishes on a shooting star...star is a ufo that crashes on him....Alien "reconstructs" boy....boy now girl....girl meets girl Laughing And whats the deal with Funny Pets, are the animators on crack or something? Here is a handy site with info on upcoming anime:
http://www.animenfo.com/animebyyear.php?year=2006&perpage=30
Quote:
Generally, it is believed that Alternight L Tachyon wrote two books about Alice. However there is another Alice book, “Endless Alice”. Somehow, the pages of the books were taken apart and they are lying in girls’ minds.

Kirihara Aruto likes Alice books very much, and he likes to imagine his own Alice. One day, he happens to meet a girl flying in the air, and she looks exactly like his Alice. Her name is Arisugawa Arisu. She is one of “Alice”. The Alice has fragments of the Alice book in her mind, and she fights against each other to collect these fragments. If one can collect the whole fragments to complete the book, it will grant any wish.

Those Who Hunt Alice? Laughing
and something for the loli loving crowd? (I think Pedobear would approve Wink )
http://www.magipoka.com/
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:10 pm Reply with quote
anyone have any info on "Juuousei"? it's being done by Studio Bones, so it's gotta be good.
sacchan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:50 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
anyone have any info on "Juuousei"? it's being done by Studio Bones, so it's gotta be good.

Juuousei is based on Itsuki Natsumi's manga.

Story: Toru and his twin Rai are young sons of a prominent politician. But one day, they were suddenly dropped on a secret execution planet Kimaera, where all the "death row" criminals are sent.
Kimaera is also called Juuousei (Beast King Planet) because people have to become like "beasts" to survive its harsh environment. Only the leader of the pack, the Beast King, is allowed to leave the planet and go back to civilization. The Beast King is usually succeeded by one of the leaders of the "rings" (organizations for survival, based on race).
Toru swears to become the Beast King so that he can go back and take revenge on Odin, his father's "best friend" who were behind his parents' murders.

Itsuki Natsumi is a mangaka that draws attractive guys, and the relationships between her guys are so strong you can call it love, although it's never actually romantic love.
Digisouth14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:06 pm Reply with quote
NeoSam wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

I hope it gets animated too. Its serialized in a magazine for adult men, and its a yuri manga targeted at adult men.

And I hope more male oriented yuri manga gets animated, like: Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ (a seinen yuri manga), Kannaduki no Miko (a shounen yuri manga), Strawberry Panic! (a male oriented yuri manga, serialized in a bishoujo magazine), HEN (a seinen yuri manga).

Yuri manga serialized in Dengeki magazines are targeted at male audience, so I hope more male-oriented yuri manga from these magazines get animated.

What the heck is your point? Your bigoted assumption that yuri is only for males is a load of bull. Both sexes can enjoy yuri how and when they like it.Target audience doesn't nessecarily mean a thing.Guys as well as GIRLS both enjoy shounen these days.If Kannazuki was sorely aimed for someone like yourself:

spoiler[The girls wouldn't have been a couple at the end and they would be having boyfriends.]
NeoSam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:17 am Reply with quote
Digisouth14 wrote:

What the heck is your point? Your bigoted assumption that yuri is only for males is a load of bull. Both sexes can enjoy yuri how and when they like it.Target audience doesn't nessecarily mean a thing.Guys as well as GIRLS both enjoy shounen these days.If Kannazuki was sorely aimed for someone like yourself:

spoiler[The girls wouldn't have been a couple at the end and they would be having boyfriends.]

Haa? where exactly did I say that yuri is only for males?

Your point which is based on nothing is loaded of bullsh*t.

And yes Kannaduki no Miko is aimed at male audience, no matter how it ends.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2