• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy Team Reveals Novelization, Mock Dating Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
So, to make sure, this is a FF dating sim game for females? And they just made a whole new cast for it? Would I be stuck playing a stupid girl or can I be a guy?
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
So, to make sure, this is a FF dating sim game for females? And they just made a whole new cast for it? Would I be stuck playing a stupid girl or can I be a guy?

It's an otome-game, so if the hypothetical game were made, you would be playing a girl.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:

Its not a real dating game, but it would have been a female main character.
Konopan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
The stream being shut off for the eastern-themed FF ideas makes me wonder if it has anything to do with that being a legit thing that SQNX doesn't want to unveil yet. It certainly sounds like a cool idea, and a much different direction than where the series has been(western fantasy)/been going (science fantasy)
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:25 am Reply with quote
Konopan wrote:
The stream being shut off for the eastern-themed FF ideas makes me wonder if it has anything to do with that being a legit thing that SQNX doesn't want to unveil yet. It certainly sounds like a cool idea, and a much different direction than where the series has been(western fantasy)/been going (science fantasy)

Dunno if they'd take a chance changing the direction too much, given the current familiar settings make it more easily marketable to the Western markets - rare for J-RPGs, can't jeopardize the golden goose that's also a flagship title. Maybe something more subtle, not drastic.
Meygaera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I'd definitely play a FF otome game. I mean, we could at least expect it to be good, right?
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what the novelizations will deal with? Are they just stories from the first three games in novel form?

If that's the case, I wonder how they will tell the story of the first game in a coherent matter considering how plot hole ridden it is. Confused
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote
You know...gotta admit...if they ever actually made that otome game, I'd probably be all over it. I've started to fall in love with really good otome games (I'm looking at you, Hakuouki), and if anything you can count on SE to give a fun story and gorgeous artwork.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
I wonder what the novelizations will deal with? Are they just stories from the first three games in novel form?

If that's the case, I wonder how they will tell the story of the first game in a coherent matter considering how plot hole ridden it is. Confused
I'm pretty sure it'd have to be tweaked anyway, considering the protagonists have zero personality in that game from what I can recall(not that I got too terribly far).
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
I'd play FF Monsters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1