• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: KyoAni's Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! Teaser Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan9999

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
dan9999 wrote:

So after low Hyouka sales, which is pure moeblob too btw, so whats that about they going back to moeblobs Laughing , after failing miserably with Nichijou, let see of they save face with this....

Yes, lets reduce terms into absolute meaninglessness.

Seriously, you know nothing about this show and its characters, and yet have already declared them "moeblobs", which is just code for "I need to feel superior to others so I'll insult popular things."

Watch the show or don't, but don't [expletive] act like you know anything about it.

And you do? Evidently not, or simply you know its true and took it to heart, for your blind love of the anime.

I watch Hyouka and hence affirm that its full of moeblob characters, thou I accept I dropped it several episodes ago cause I could not stand the boredom anymore.

I dont use moeblob as derogatory term, how could I when I also love other moeblobs like KyoAni's K-ON, but even if I love the show I dont blindly deny its moeblob and take the defensive like you, so grow up.

And popularity is beyond the point, you simply showed your way of thinking not mine...in case of Hyouka its "popularity" is debatable, it we were talking Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, K-ON, Haruhi, or even better Naruto, One Piece, we could then comfortably talk about popularity then.

Last edited by dan9999 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

And you do? Evidently not, or simply you know its true and took it to heart, for your blind love of the anime.

Yes, not prejudging a show based purely on aesthetics is the same as "blind love". Sure, I'm looking forward to Chuu2Koi, but I also don't have any particular expectations

Quote:
I watch Hyouka and hence affirm that its full of moeblob characters, thou I accept I dropped it several episodes ago cause I could not stand the boredom anymore.

Ok, so you don't like Hyouka. And? So what? "moeblob" added nothing to your statement since it has no actual definition. The point here is that I reject "moeblog" as a valid piece of terminology

Quote:
I don't use moeblob as derogatory term, how could I when I also love other moeblobs like KyoAni's K-ON, but even if I love the show I don't blindly deny its moeblob and take the defensive like you, so grow up.

See above
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Ok, so you don't like Hyouka. And? So what? "moeblob" added nothing to your statement since it has no actual definition. The point here is that I reject "moeblog" as a valid piece of terminology

It is not up to you how people perceive and define things and how those perceptions influence their overall view of something. You don't get to decide what terms he can and can't use. If you don't recognize the term then so be it, don't respond to its usage then, but that is your own choice. You can freely ask him to elaborate on the term and what he means by it, but you don't get to decide if it's acceptable or not or if how he perceives it is acceptable or not since it is his own perception and opinion; not yours.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
If you don't recognize the term then so be it, don't respond to its usage then.

No Keonyn, people don't get to just make up terminology and use them to mean whatever the hell they want.

"Moeblob" is used as a shortcut for actual criticism, its a way for lazy people to box up things they don't like and point at them, with the implication that anyone who does like them is inferior.
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Keonyn wrote:
If you don't recognize the term then so be it, don't respond to its usage then.
No Keonyn, people don't get to just make up terminology and use them to mean whatever the hell they want.

"Moeblob" is used as a shortcut for actual criticism, its a way for lazy people to box up things they don't like and point at them, with the implication that anyone who does like them is inferior.
That would be much more convincing if known proponents of such shows weren't also using the term.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
The contention that Hyouka is "full" of moeblob characters is ridiculous in the extreme. The characters in that show do not come out of the otaku animal database and anyone who thinks they do is driven by some other agenda (i.e. a knee-jerk anti-KyoAni-ism, for example).
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
That would be much more convincing if known proponents of such shows weren't also using the term.

Please do not associate me with him.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote
why didn't any of you comment on how terrible that PV was
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
why didn't any of you comment on how terrible that PV was

The PV is awesome, assuming you get the joke.
Bonham

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:41 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
I can see someone in Japan likes the movie, "Kiss Me Deadly".

That or Lost Highway.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Wonder if this is a sign they are upping their production levels.

KyoAni has two studios so it would seem both projects were completed at the same time.
Draneor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
I watch Hyouka and hence affirm that its full of moeblob characters, thou I accept I dropped it several episodes ago cause I could not stand the boredom anymore..

I'm curious. Hyoyka heavily focuses on Oreki and Satoshi's growth and development. Do you consider them moeblobs? Or is it just Chitanda that is the issue?
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
What does "moeblob" mean, anyway? I'm getting curious (seriously).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
It's anime fan slang for a super-moe character.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:
What does "moeblob" mean, anyway? I'm getting curious (seriously).

It really doesn't mean anything, its almost entirely used as a pejorative when the person in question doesn't have an actual argument.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4