• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:28 am Reply with quote
That figure looks like something that will corrupt your morals. I'm betting that Canadian customs will confiscate it to save you from yourself. Wink
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:05 am Reply with quote
Meh, I'm pretty sure Canada Customs knows I have no morals to corrupt.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Irony: creating two figures of girls from a yuri series to sell to undersexed males.

I speak, of course, of Wave's two new additions to their Beach Queens collection: Kyoko and Yui from YuruYuri.

And son of a censored, but pretty colored it's a swimsuit figure first.

Curses. I suppose I could hope Alter's doing a school uniform version of all the girls, right? After all, they did Mirakurun!

*crosses fingers, legs, and hell, testicles, just to be sure, dang it!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I actually really like the Kyouko. WAVE did an excellent job on her face and it doesn't look slutty or sexy at all - it's very decent. I think you just have an issue with swimsuits.

Also, SEGA made figures of the four girls in their school uniforms.

And there's this prototype from Alter for Akarin, so they probably do have plans on doing all the girls.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:47 am Reply with quote
I've lost all faith in humanity.

NOT. SAFE. FOR. WORK. Especially if you work at an animal shelter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:52 am Reply with quote
Dear lord that price tag. Is that one really that popular?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:34 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I've lost all faith in humanity.

NOT. SAFE. FOR. WORK. Especially if you work at an animal shelter.

Uhhhhhhh ... Junkers Cum Here?
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
NOT. SAFE. FOR. WORK.

You really weren't kidding.
That was kind of disturbing.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
WAVE did an excellent job on her face and it doesn't look slutty or sexy at all - it's very decent. I think you just have an issue with swimsuits.

If it were that, I wouldn't own a couple myself. It's not the swimsuit I've an issue with, but the hard-to-ignore situation they always seem to hit the market before others do. Of course, this is just being cynical, because I know it's not true, generally.

I'd love to have all the girls, so if I must wait until the "Perv Season" runs its course, then so be it.

After all, look how long it's taking the cast of Strike Witches to be done by Alter.

*sigh*

Oh, and when you put those letters in big, bold print again, can you put "Do not click" as well? Because everyone needs to see that.
Twisted Evil
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote
So I had placed an order with Amiami for a figure -- not the one KoH mentioned -- and chose registered SAL shipping. The current tracking by Japan Post has read "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" for several days. I know this is not a particularly fast shipping option, but what should I expect for the next tracking report? "Put on slow zeppelin to America"? "Arrived at local Post Office", after a month? What have people seen in the past?

Last edited by DavidShallcross on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quote
My experience with SAL registered is that it generally takes about three weeks. Four is not unheard of. And on rare occasions it can only take two.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
And now, Japan Post has no news, but USPS has it as passing through sort in New York City, only three days after the last report from Tokyo, only a total of five days after I placed the order. It looks like Rorona may get here in under two weeks total. (If US Customs is expeditious.)

Last edited by DavidShallcross on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Sudsy Hinako arrived at my office a few minutes ago! I'd love to open up the box and check her out, but there is no way I can let my co-workers see the depths of my perversion.
warden13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:01 pm Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
And now, Japan Post has no news, but USPS has it as passing through sort in New York City, only three days after the last report from Tokyo, only a total of five days after I placed the order. It looks like Rorona may get here in under two weeks total. (If US Customs is expeditious.)

Don't get your hopes up too high, SAL shipping can be really unpredictable. I had a package pass through NY on Aug 31st and was just delivered today. I also had two packages arrive in the US before two other packages yet the two late packages were the first to be delivered.

I hope you enjoy Rorona when you get her, I have her as well.

Blood- wrote:
Sudsy Hinako arrived at my office a few minutes ago! I'd love to open up the box and check her out, but there is no way I can let my co-workers see the depths of my perversion.

What? Don't you want them know about the joys of a figure with removable soap suds? Twisted Evil
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
SAL registered tends to be faster than SAL in my opinion. I don't know maybe it's just the heart ache of not being able to track your package at all which makes regular SAL seem slower.

I really wish their was a way to ship and item with tracking but not have to be home to physically sign for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 83 of 111