• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Durarara Bloopers?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Where are they?

Ok, my friend has the DVDs sets and cna't find them. But I see them online. Did Anipelx not put them on disc? If they did, where the hell are they?
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:26 am Reply with quote
They might have been online/convention-exclusives compared to being an extra on the DVDs. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened, such as Bandai not placing the bloopers and special commentary from the Eureka 7 movie on the DVD/Blu-Ray release and only having them as part of the one-night theater premier.

I don't have the Durarara!! DVDs, so I can't be 100% accurate, but I can't remember the bloopers being listed on the DVDs as an extra, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:09 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
They might have been online/convention-exclusives compared to being an extra on the DVDs. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened, such as Bandai not placing the bloopers and special commentary from the Eureka 7 movie on the DVD/Blu-Ray release and only having them as part of the one-night theater premier.

I don't have the Durarara!! DVDs, so I can't be 100% accurate, but I can't remember the bloopers being listed on the DVDs as an extra, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

Then why bloody do them if they're not going to be on the series release? What is the point of doing extras like that and not put them on disc? Do they want to limit their fans from enjoying them? I know I sure as hell can't stream on dial-up, and I can't enjoy these internet exclusive release. And from what I could tell, the video isn't all that great in those youtube videos or whatever.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:15 am Reply with quote
If they're there, they're not listed on Rightstuf or Amazon. And someone has a very detailed review of 1 and 2, and while they don't list the "Special Features" on vol. 1, vol. 2 does, and they're not there.

TSRI doesn't list bloopers for the BD set, either.
PBsallad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:29 am Reply with quote
I think I read somewhere they're online exclusives. I also never saw them on my discs when I watched the series. The only "extras" I recall are clean openings and closings.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:23 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
If they're there, they're not listed on Rightstuf or Amazon. And someone has a very detailed review of 1 and 2, and while they don't list the "Special Features" on vol. 1, vol. 2 does, and they're not there.

TSRI doesn't list bloopers for the BD set, either.

That honestly doesn't mean a damned thing. Rurouni Kenshin has bloopers on those DVDs and they're not listed.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:36 am Reply with quote
The JP Bluray has 25 episodes, but I don't see anything else when looking at a list of files.
supercreep

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:58 am Reply with quote
I own the DVD's, and there are no bloopers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1