• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Ling Tosite Sigure, Egoist Perform Psycho-Pass Songs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote
It's always exciting when artists who work in other media-- like stage or live-action television-- work on an anime. I'm getting more and more excited for this show all the time!
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:43 am Reply with quote
Damn I am so excited,hopefully we will see animated trailer tomorrow!
omoikane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote
never imagined LTS would do a song for anime. man, actually that is the most exciting thing about Psycho Pass for me so far.
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quote
For some reason, I thought Egoist was a fictional band made up for Guilty Crown and was just Supercell in another form... Now my mind is a little bit blown... (Not a lot, just a little...)
Volibear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:54 am Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
For some reason, I thought Egoist was a fictional band made up for Guilty Crown and was just Supercell in another form... Now my mind is a little bit blown... (Not a lot, just a little...)
well you're not really all that wrong, but it was Supercell with a different singer, when they did the auditions for the new vocalist they chose 2 and Koeda sings with them under the Supercell name and Chelly under the Egoist name

I don't know much about any album under the Supercell name done with Koeda soon but an Egoist album is released in 7 days, so its an active project at least, although i'm not sure it'll be anything long-term

Announcement sounds good though, i liked Egoist's songs alot from GC, don't know anything about LTS but i hope its good too
Kenji_Ikari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote
WTH, LTS.

This is unexpected. But then again, it makes sense if they finally decided to come out of their underground practices and gain more exposure. They've never really done an opening/ending, never really put out singles, and haven't performed at many big concerts like Rock in Japan.

Considering they finally have a single coming out in November, "abnormalize," I'm assuming that's the opening. In fact, looks like they're also finally participating in another festival.

And yeah, I think Egoist is odd too. I mean, the band definitely existed inside Guilty Crown...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Kenji_Ikari wrote:
And yeah, I think Egoist is odd too. I mean, the band definitely existed inside Guilty Crown...

Maybe this actually takes place in the Guilty Crown universe, and Shu will show up.

The potential trainwreck might make this watchable if thats the case.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:39 pm Reply with quote
omg *-* Egoist!?!!?!!, my body...is ready.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1