• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Making PDFs

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm just wondering what the best way to go about making non-licensed manga or fan comics into PDFs with the best quality possible.

I save each picture onto my computer and when I use PrimoPDF to make the book into a PDF, but the quality just doesn't look the same as the original pictures.

Any tips or programs that are best for doing this, or will PDFs never be as good as the original?
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote
It depends on how you read it I suppose. If you really want the best quality in PDF most adobe suite programs allow you to export in PDF format, especially InDesign. I read manga and doujinshi on my NookColor in epub format via a convertor called Calibre. You can alter the settings quality to whatever you want, the file size will just be bigger.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quote
I read them on my computer, but I can see that they're a bit blurry, so I'm trying to see the best way to convert them.

It's just the manga that lose quality. I have DC and marvel comics that don't blur at all and look wonderful, and I even read them at 100%.

So, it's just doujinshi and manga that give me issues.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1