• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Cobra Commander

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:35 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Your question read as specifically referring to the "make up as you go" part, hence our "confusion".

Don't take it seriously, Mohawk52 was acting all tongue-in-cheek in his denial post.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:38 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
I'm afraid you all missed the point of my question. It's fiction, and all fiction is made up within the mind of the creator firstly and foremost before a single letter is written, or typed on paper, or screen. Yes J.K. Rowling made up the ending before making up the rest, but it was still made up inside her mind before she wrote it. Wink

Your question read as specifically referring to the "make up as you go" part, hence our "confusion".
Intriguing.

Mohawk52 wrote:
Erin wrote:
I wouldn't go so far as to say the plot itself is nonsense, but it does seem as if the author made it up as he went along.
Whether or not a story is a masterpiece, or nonsense, don't all fiction writers do this when they are writing?
Indeed, I can see that very well. However I'm referring to story creation, where as I believe other's are referring to story structure. A story, like a building, requires material to be created, or made up, in order to complete its structure. So I ask again, don't all fiction writers do this when they are writing?
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
Melanchthon wrote:
... The romantic love is there, bubbling under the surface, but it never really escapes, and to the show is sadly lacking due to it. I agree, the first two seasons are the weakest, and have not found the series shelf worthy either.

Its seems a bit odd combination there, (1) wanting romantic love to come to the surface and (2) finding the first season, where romantic love bubbles to surface in the arc from the Forest of Thorns arc, as being the weakest.

Of course, they soft-pedaled that theme a bit in the anime as opposed to the light novels, with the Forest of Thorns light novel being the third in the series, when in the anime the Rosa Canina and Valentine's Day pt 1 is finished, and Valentine's Day pt 2 started, before they pick up the Forest of Thorns.

As far as I recall, the first season also soft-pedaled spoiler[the whole business about Suguru Kashiwagi, Sachiko's cousin and fiance, being gay ~ though they did hint at it].
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
pachy_boy wrote:

Don't take it seriously, Mohawk52 was acting all tongue-in-cheek in his denial post.
Which one was that?
tempestskye

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
In the shelf pics what anime is on the poster that is 2nd row down 3rd and 4th from the left?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4