• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Moyashimon Returns Anime Ends With Teaser

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
formerroadie1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Come on NISA! LICENSE THIS ANIME!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I hope it comes back with the old staff, and snappier writing, and better designs. Every aspect of this season was inferior, except perhaps the voice work which remained steady but were given less interesting material to work with.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
formerroadie1 wrote:

last I heard sentai already did that
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote
formerroadie1 wrote:

Still waiting on a DVD release of the live-action. FUNimation, what the ****?
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
formerroadie1 wrote:

they have said that it didn't do well enough for a release
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I hope it comes back with the old staff, and snappier writing, and better designs. Every aspect of this season was inferior, except perhaps the voice work which remained steady but were given less interesting material to work with.

Let's hope it follows the pattern of Nodame Cantabile where a weak sequel was followed by an excellent finale. I, for one, was very sad to see Aoi turned into a drunk. She was one of my favorite characters in the first season, and her character model was often stunningly beautiful. It was hard even looking at her in this season.

I like this show, but not enough to buy discs.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:28 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
formerroadie1 wrote:

I saw an episode of it but it was more like a teen girls drama, so i was like, meh. they may release it though someday, who knows.
jsieczkar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:12 am Reply with quote
This season’s story suffered from having one of the manga volumes adapted with the main comedic character missing. When the first season aired they used 1,2, one chapter of 3 and volume 4. When they bypassed most of chapter 3 they lost a character and some great comedy dealing with the UFO club. Instead of starting with Volume 5, which is the festival and the start of Haruka's arc, a good volume. They instead jumped ahead to Volume 7 which was week to begin with and they didn't have one of the main characters for the arc. They then went back and did volumes 5 and 6 in order.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:33 am Reply with quote
the sales for season 2 volume 1 was less then 1000 copies I saw there is no way they are making a season 3
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:59 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
the sales for season 2 volume 1 was less then 1000 copies I saw there is no way they are making a season 3

Noitamina causes strange things to happen, like anime that didn't sell well or raise manga sales to still have subsequent work done.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:06 am Reply with quote
Volume 11 of the manga sold 130,000 copies of the normal edition last spring, and another 75,000 copies of the "limited edition." Guess those microbes are still pretty popular.

You can watch the live-action version at Funimation's site. I lasted about fifteen minutes into the first episode but couldn't stand the abundance of mugging.

http://www.funimation.com/moyashimon-tales-of-agriculture
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:23 am Reply with quote
jsieczkar wrote:
This season’s story suffered from having one of the manga volumes adapted with the main comedic character missing. When the first season aired they used 1,2, one chapter of 3 and volume 4. When they bypassed most of chapter 3 they lost a character and some great comedy dealing with the UFO club. Instead of starting with Volume 5, which is the festival and the start of Haruka's arc, a good volume. They instead jumped ahead to Volume 7 which was week to begin with and they didn't have one of the main characters for the arc. They then went back and did volumes 5 and 6 in order.

Nice to read the point of view of someone who reads the manga. My impression was that Moyashimon Returns was inferior to the first season simply because it had worse manga volumes to cover. The character designs might look quite different, but the show's still directed by Yuichiro Yano and head-written by Natsuko Takahashi, so I don't think the staff changes were the reason behind the quality drop.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1