• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Most Terrifying Artifacts of Destruction

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I'd totally take Bean's ride. That thing is tricked out, bullet-proof, fast, and red. It's goddamn made for crime getaways.

Also, the best artifact of destruction will always be spoiler[Ideon]. Failing that, the spoiler[Turn A Gundam]. Tomino likes his ancient robots with unimaginable powers.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Dat car. Laughing

Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I would like to add the "Philosopher's Stone" from FMA. Not only do the 'ingredients' involve spoiler[mass genocide] but also the fact it gives the user the ability to perform alchemy without worrying about the Equivalent Exchange law.

As for cars, I would like Lupin's Mercedes-Benz SSK but mainly because I like the design.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to add 2 more objects: the Black Star Dragon Ball from DBGT, it's capable of destroying the planet it was summoned after a year, but even the original Dragon Ball can be a lethal weapon if you wish on it; and Ryunka from Birdy the Mighty Decode, the weapon is so advance that spoiler[it once destroyed a whole planet], even spoiler[if the heroes managed to deactivate it, it still destroyed a part of Tokyo Bay]
yamiangie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
More of a fan of Lupin's Fiat 500, so the 86 is going to be my pick.
ljaesch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I hate to be picky here, but there's a misspelling in the writeup for The Jewel of Four Souls. "Kagomi" should be "Kagome."

EDITED TO ADD: Just saw that the spelling was fixed. Smile

Last edited by ljaesch on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Panoptican

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
What was the last column's poll? I feel like that should be stated in the column, otherwise it just a bunch of answers without any context (unless you remember it).

I did try to find the column. I went to the views tab, clicked "and more...." and then clicked Gia's List (there wasn't an option for simply The List). However, clicking that link leads to a page not found error.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I think Roger's car is the only one of those I could handle and still enjoy the ride, but given my choice, I'd prefer to go for a ride (or be taken for one) in the Catbus.
underlock

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
I would like to add the "Philosopher's Stone" from FMA. Not only do the 'ingredients' involve spoiler[mass genocide] but also the fact it gives the user the ability to perform alchemy without worrying about the Equivalent Exchange law.

As for cars, I would like Lupin's Mercedes-Benz SSK but mainly because I like the design.

No. That stone is the result, not the means.

I'd add the artefacts from Legend of the Legendary Heroes. But there's more than one, so honourable mention at best.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I wish Miyuki's patrol car "Today" (from You're Under Arrest) was an option on this poll, I'd so vote for that!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VicMcDastardly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Isn't it a lance not a spear?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:

I was thinking of them too, especially in the wrong hands which is, ironically, the type of people who'd make them in the first place. But they're not really artifacts, they're more cruelly made batteries that can be maufactured by those willing to pay the price.

I'd pick the lost ships of Lost Universe {Wouldn't you have to be really hopeless to lose the universe?}. Not only is each ship sentient and has the power to destroy planets but one of them happens to be insane. Not a good combination, even compared to the one which is just pure evil.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
VicMcDastardly wrote:

Although it is called both a spear and a lance, it's closer to a spear in design and function. Lances are almost never thrown.
kaydub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I voted for Takumi's AE86, but I'd much rather take the "Blackbird" Porsche 911 from Wangan Midnight for a spin Smile
jymmy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
VicMcDastardly wrote:

The correct English translation is 'Spear of Longinus'. It is named in reference to the biblical artefact used to stab Christ.
spoiler[Actually, it was humans' attempts to control Adam that caused Second Impact. This happened because they removed the Spear where it was keeping Adam safely catatonic. The Spears' independent functions are to keep the number of Seeds of Life restricted to one per planet; the will of their makers is to populate the Universe. Returning humans to primordial goop is the will of Seele, the Spear is a tool to this end.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2