Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Square Enix Holds The Word Ends With You Vocal Audition


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
opn



Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 904
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Yes we know square your saving a surprise announcment for TGS but i swear if its not for 3DS i'll go up and nuke em Twisted Evil (okay not really but i'd be god damn pissed.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kurohei



Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 543
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's going to be a WiiU Title. Any ways, not like I can audition. I like to act, but I suck at it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Regannator



Joined: 03 Jul 2012
Posts: 94
Location: The uncomfortable dungeon
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Once again, this is a game that absolutely does not need a sequel or spinoff or anything.

But typical Square Enix. Typical Failmura. By all means - piledrive another excellent name into the shitheap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
everydaygamer



Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 558
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:32 am Reply with quote
Regannator wrote:
Once again, this is a game that absolutely does not need a sequel or spinoff or anything.

But typical Square Enix. Typical Failmura. By all means - piledrive another excellent name into the shitheap.


right its not like the entire fan base hasn't been asking for a sequel or anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sunday Silence



Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 2047
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:06 am Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
Regannator wrote:
Once again, this is a game that absolutely does not need a sequel or spinoff or anything.

But typical Square Enix. Typical Failmura. By all means - piledrive another excellent name into the shitheap.


right its not like the entire fan base hasn't been asking for a sequel or anything.


Or a re-release or a port to the latest generation consoles....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FireChick



Joined: 26 Mar 2006
Posts: 1523
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:30 am Reply with quote
It should be "World", NOT "Word."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anime Remix



Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 354
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
INTEREST: Square Enix Holds The Word Ends With You Vocal Audition


It should say World Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3rdHalf



Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 39
Location: Latvia
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:
Regannator wrote:
Once again, this is a game that absolutely does not need a sequel or spinoff or anything.

But typical Square Enix. Typical Failmura. By all means - piledrive another excellent name into the shitheap.


right its not like the entire fan base hasn't been asking for a sequel or anything.


Or a re-release or a port to the latest generation consoles....


I have never owned, nor played DS, but I am currently playing The Word Ends With You ipad's version for the first time, and i'm loving it. (≧∇≦)

I really appreciate, that developers are re-releasing older gen games on current systems, so everyone who have missed some good games can catch them up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Regannator



Joined: 03 Jul 2012
Posts: 94
Location: The uncomfortable dungeon
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
Regannator wrote:
Once again, this is a game that absolutely does not need a sequel or spinoff or anything.

But typical Square Enix. Typical Failmura. By all means - piledrive another excellent name into the shitheap.


right its not like the entire fan base hasn't been asking for a sequel or anything.

The same fans who are asking for moar Kingdom Hearts. And any sane person knows how well that's going, and what Square's track record with quality sequels is...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tanteikingdomkey
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Posts: 1903
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Regannator wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:
Regannator wrote:
Once again, this is a game that absolutely does not need a sequel or spinoff or anything.

But typical Square Enix. Typical Failmura. By all means - piledrive another excellent name into the shitheap.


right its not like the entire fan base hasn't been asking for a sequel or anything.

The same fans who are asking for moar Kingdom Hearts. And any sane person knows how well that's going, and what Square's track record with quality sequels is...

Oh sure because the surest manner of gauging if someone is sane is if they want to see an ending to one of their favorite games. it's not like we haven't gotten 4 spin offs in a row or anything. and that there have not been 3 times as many spin offs as their have been actual numbered entries in the series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kefkiroth



Joined: 18 Jul 2012
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote
Regannator wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:
Regannator wrote:
Once again, this is a game that absolutely does not need a sequel or spinoff or anything.

But typical Square Enix. Typical Failmura. By all means - piledrive another excellent name into the shitheap.


right its not like the entire fan base hasn't been asking for a sequel or anything.

The same fans who are asking for moar Kingdom Hearts. And any sane person knows how well that's going, and what Square's track record with quality sequels is...

XIII-2 was actually an improvement over the original in terms of exploration even though it didn't for story. Plus, Lightning Returns seems interesting with a better battle system even though no one asked for it.

More KH would sell regardless of how good it is; plus the rage it's understandable considering the franchise has been on handhelds for a while. Just like more TWEWY would sell regardless of how good it is. If SE can take these chances to make quality sequels, then more people will be able to trust any original content they develop in the future, especially Versus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Regannator



Joined: 03 Jul 2012
Posts: 94
Location: The uncomfortable dungeon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

Oh sure because the surest manner of gauging if someone is sane is if they want to see an ending to one of their favorite games. it's not like we haven't gotten 4 spin offs in a row or anything. and that there have not been 3 times as many spin offs as their have been actual numbered entries in the series.

You have your ending in the first game. You obtain it by, oh I dunno, beating the game. Once more, there is absolutely no need or room for a sequel. It will be no different than with Kingdom Hearts - a bunch of bullshit shoehorned in. That series at this point has become practically a self parody.
Kefkiroth wrote:

XIII-2 was actually an improvement over the original in terms of exploration even though it didn't for story.

And lol? Dragon Age 2 was an improvement in terms of...erm...music I guess? So where does that put it? ...Nowhere, really. They're both god-awful sequels no one cares about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tanteikingdomkey
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Posts: 1903
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:57 am Reply with quote
Regannator wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

Oh sure because the surest manner of gauging if someone is sane is if they want to see an ending to one of their favorite games. it's not like we haven't gotten 4 spin offs in a row or anything. and that there have not been 3 times as many spin offs as their have been actual numbered entries in the series.

You have your ending in the first game. You obtain it by, oh I dunno, beating the game. Once more, there is absolutely no need or room for a sequel. It will be no different than with Kingdom Hearts - a bunch of bullshit shoehorned in. That series at this point has become practically a self parody.
Kefkiroth wrote:

XIII-2 was actually an improvement over the original in terms of exploration even though it didn't for story.

And lol? Dragon Age 2 was an improvement in terms of...erm...music I guess? So where does that put it? ...Nowhere, really. They're both god-awful sequels no one cares about.

Oh sure because cliff hanger endings with all the main characters trap in different worlds is a great finale. some stories need a series get over it. there is no difference between that and a season 2 of a tv show or a second volume of a manga.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Juno016



Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 1914
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:38 am Reply with quote
Regannator wrote:
The same fans who are asking for moar Kingdom Hearts. And any sane person knows how well that's going, and what Square's track record with quality sequels is...


So what am I? Not sane?
The KH GBA/DS games haven't really sat well with me (either their gameplay or story are lacking), but Birth By Sleep is the best game I've played for the PSP, and I admit to liking it more than Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, for several different personal reasons, including both gameplay and story. Dream Drop Distance isn't too far behind, though it has its flaws.

TWEWY was a great game. Not one of my favorites, but I could definitely see a sequel coming out of the story.

I've seen some bad sequels. But then I've also seen some good ones, too. From Square Enix AND Nomura, no less. I won't have lost faith until I can play it and judge for myself. Even if the track record isn't/wasn't good, I still would give it a chance if it was a franchise I liked. I don't see why people have to be so harsh sometimes... It's generally the same people making the stuff, and they usually have many of the ideas for a sequel from the designing stages of the first game. It's not like they just poofed a second story out of thin air recently. The main reason first games have good closure is because they're original and are not always expected to be automatic successes, so there aren't always plans to fund a sequel until the first game is out. :/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Regannator



Joined: 03 Jul 2012
Posts: 94
Location: The uncomfortable dungeon
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

Oh sure because cliff hanger endings with all the main characters trap in different worlds is a great finale. some stories need a series get over it. there is no difference between that and a season 2 of a tv show or a second volume of a manga.

I dunno what the hell game you were playing, but there were no cliffhangers whatsoever at the end of WEWY.
Juno016 wrote:
So what am I? Not sane?
The KH GBA/DS games haven't really sat well with me (either their gameplay or story are lacking), but Birth By Sleep is the best game I've played for the PSP, and I admit to liking it more than Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, for several different personal reasons, including both gameplay and story. Dream Drop Distance isn't too far behind, though it has its flaws.

No no, you're sane. I was referring to these people: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997779-kingdom-hearts-3d

They just want more more more more, thinking that "more" equals "even better than before." If Nomura took a giant s**t, and carved a logo on the deuce with a toothpick calling it Kingdom Hearts III, these people would collect in droves to obtain it.

That said, even for liking the PSP game, you just can't NOT admit (...unless you're one of those insane people) that the story has gotten so out-of-hand and so godamn convoluted that it's practically unintelligeble. Whatever the hell happened to that kid going on Disney adventures and looking for his friends? Now it's all about Xehanort, his million and one incarnations and reincarnations, versus Sora and his thousand and one clones. The biggest point plots in the story - the ones that took 4 handheld spinoffs to make - was that this guy was actually that guy all along, or at least some part of him. Or this kid looks like that kid, From The Future!©, because of this and this reason...because Nomura says so, in supplemental material because he couldn't explain it to save his life in the f**king game itself. It's just stupid as f**k.

I too will admit that Birth by Sleep was a lot of fun...to play. It's got the best battle system in the game to date. But that's really all it has going for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group