• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Stream - Connect Five

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:54 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

jsieczkar wrote:
Its going to be a AoA release, they have basically said as much.

Oh, well that makes sense given the circumstances. Kind of pissed off about that though, because I don't like this show anywhere near as much as I like PMMM or Bakemonogatari. I don't mind paying top dollar for something outstanding, but I don't consider Sword Art Online to be worth the sorts of prices that Aniplex charges.

I hear you. So far Sword Art Online has not been anywhere close to the quality of Madoka Magica and Bakemonogatari. Regardless, I am convinced that SAO is going to be Aniplex USA's "next big series" home release.

As much as I want to support Aniplex USA, I don't think I will be willing to shell $150 or more for Sword Art Online; unless it becomes an amazing series in its second half. But, I still have faith that it can become memorable, given how much potential it appears to have.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

It's the implied sex. Probably.

Implied nothing. The author wrote the damn sex scene, though it was axed from the version that actually got published (but only just recently was taken off the author's blog).

Sample dialog:

"Two years worth of semen made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Asuna."

Yes, I'm serious.

GLOP GLOP GLOP
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that SAO will not be getting a cheap American release through FUNi or Sentai. Not with those sales numbers and burning hot appeal. $249 ho!

I swear to God, if SAO turns out to be one of the dubless premium AoA releases, I will....be very angry and simply abstain from getting it.

On the other hand, SAO is REALLY popular. Perhaps it will be a cheaper release by sheer virtue of being popular enough to support lower prices.

I'd expect it to be a dub, since theres little reason it should be hard to dub. And its got far more appeal over here than Oreimo or Bakem do.

I do fully expect it to be a 250 dollar or so release though. Because of that popularity, people will be willing to pay more for it than many other releases.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Natsuyuki was a really big disappointment for me. was hoping Hazuki would have had his body back for at least an entire episode. oh well. Still love Tari Tari. I was fine with how the second arc of Kokoro Connect ended. I like Himeko's new personality far more than the old one. Also, turning into children may be a much better way for Iori to find her true self. I cannot wait to see what Funimation does with Binbougami. it's such a fantastic show. Still love SAO, and that wont change[/b]
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that SAO will not be getting a cheap American release through FUNi or Sentai. Not with those sales numbers and burning hot appeal. $249 ho!

I swear to God, if SAO turns out to be one of the dubless premium AoA releases, I will....be very angry and simply abstain from getting it.

On the other hand, SAO is REALLY popular. Perhaps it will be a cheaper release by sheer virtue of being popular enough to support lower prices.

I'd expect it to be a dub, since theres little reason it should be hard to dub. And its got far more appeal over here than Oreimo or Bakem do.

I do fully expect it to be a 250 dollar or so release though. Because of that popularity, people will be willing to pay more for it than many other releases.

I could see it going either way but if SAO is dubbed, no way can they charge premium prices for it. Most likely wouldn't get enough sales to make back dubbing costs.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Well, PMMM was staggeringly huge in Japan and it got a DVD release option overseas (along with the Blu-Rays and LEs). Even though Sword Art Online won't sell as much, it could still get a DVD option for the masses.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:13 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I know that the manga got a pretty big boost when the series began, but something more needs to happen other than dining out and mowing lawns. Is the manga as slow paced as this? If someone is reading the manga, can you tell us if there is any actual space travel any time soon?

Yes, the anime pacing matches the manga pacing. You don't need to worry-- Hibito will go to space, and it should be soon iirc. There's a lot of suspense to come.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Implied nothing. The author wrote the damn sex scene, though it was axed from the version that actually got published (but only just recently was taken off the author's blog).

*Laugh* Yeah, I know. However in the anime it's only implied.

Also, in regards to Kuroko no Basket's silliness... You guys are aware that it's a sports manga that runs in Weekly Shonen Jump, right? Laughing
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
In Space Brothers I'm actually a bit annoyed at how little screentime Hibito has gotten overall. Hopefully now that the show has moved to Houston we'll see a lot more of him and get inside his head. I know more about Furuya than I do about Hibito.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Hunter x Hunter has been on fire lately. Episode 47 was just amazingly animated. It also portrayed this really gray area for Kurapika making look like more of a villain. It's a shame people would rather talk about Sword Art Online.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:31 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

Well, PMMM was staggeringly huge in Japan and it got a DVD release option overseas (along with the Blu-Rays and LEs). Even though Sword Art Online won't sell as much, it could still get a DVD option for the masses.

Hopefully it will have a reasonable BD option like Madoka. I got a HDTV and a PS3 and I intend to use them, dammit!
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Sample dialog:

"Two years worth of semen made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Asuna."

I hate to ask, but... why two years' worth? How... what..?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Bamboo wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Sample dialog:

Er... as much as I hate to add to this.. uh... discussion. The 2 years is how long they've been stuck in the game. So the line means that Kirito hasn't "been" with anyone since he entered the game, and apparently hasn't taken care of business on his own, either. TMI. Really TMI. :/
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Bamboo wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Sample dialog:

I know. I read somewhere that the testes automatically destroy any sperm/semen that's like...a month old or something in that ballpark.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Bamboo wrote:

Well, Kirito has been stuck inside the game for two years by that point, and it seems as though the author believes that men can store a litre (a quarter-gallon) of semen at once, so . . . yeah. Best not to think about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 12