• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tamaria

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It's about this high school girl who has a secret modelling career and some guy at her school, who loves her I think, finds out.

First thing that came to my mind was Nosatsu Junkie (published by Tokyopop). It's kinda like the reverse of what you described. The guy is the model (a crossdressing model!) and the girl finds out his secret. He pulls her into the modelling world to protect his secret and the two get some chemistry going.
kewlli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote
[/img]
NeburPT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:29 am Reply with quote
kewlli wrote:
[/img]

That's Tegami Bachi: manga#8256
lys

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Ianshelfs wrote:
It's about this high school girl who has a secret modelling career and some guy at her school, who loves her I think, finds out.

Penguin Revolution is another one about models/actors?... again, though, I think it's a crossdressing boy who is the model and gets found out by the girl. (in Nousatsu the boy models as a girl; in Penguin the boy wears female attire as a disguise in daily life and models as himself.)

If the girl were a maid and not a model, it would sound exactly like Maid Sama!, published by Tokyopop (girl works at maid café for the money, boy from school who likes her finds out).

You saw it in a bookstore, so can we assume it's a licensed title? It sounds similar to Film Girl (Shigeyoshi Takagi) but that hasn't been published here and is possibly also too new (2010-11). I imported both volumes. It's a fun story about a former model girl who gets recognized by a guy who is a major fan of hers (and is currently a model himself) :D

Maybe it was a manhwa? It seems like a plausible plot for one, but I haven't read many so I don't know for sure.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:59 am Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:01 am Reply with quote
Seems to be from something titled "烤刑架系列", which according to Microsoft translates as "Roast criminal series". I can't seem to find an English page that mentions it, but the panel you posted is number six from this page.
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

That is from Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru 4-koma.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ore_no_Kanojo_to_Osananajimi_ga_Shuraba_Sugiru

The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
Hey! That's getting anime next season! I'll have to add that to my already giant list of shows I plan on watching next season. Awesome.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ianshelfs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Lys wrote:
Ianshelfs wrote:

Penguin Revolution is another one about models/actors?... again, though, I think it's a crossdressing boy who is the model and gets found out by the girl. (in Nousatsu the boy models as a girl; in Penguin the boy wears female attire as a disguise in daily life and models as himself.)

If the girl were a maid and not a model, it would sound exactly like Maid Sama!, published by Tokyopop (girl works at maid café for the money, boy from school who likes her finds out).

You saw it in a bookstore, so can we assume it's a licensed title? It sounds similar to Film Girl (Shigeyoshi Takagi) but that hasn't been published here and is possibly also too new (2010-11). I imported both volumes. It's a fun story about a former model girl who gets recognized by a guy who is a major fan of hers (and is currently a model himself) Very Happy

Maybe it was a manhwa? It seems like a plausible plot for one, but I haven't read many so I don't know for sure.

I'll see if I can find anything out with the idea that it might have been a manwha. Ill be a bit more specific about it being "years ago". It was somewhere about 2004-2007. Most likely 2005-2006.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Manwha? Kill Me, Kiss me maybe? Tokyopop published it from 2004-2005.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:24 am Reply with quote
Trying to recall the name of a manga. Pretty sure it's unlicensed. I recall it involved a rampaging giant bear, a overly violent lead character, and a Japanese Michael Jackson(?). It was all a bit nutty. Sound familiar at all?
hoang552

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I can't seem to remember the title of an adult manga or anime that left an interest in my head a while ago (I can't remember which it is).

The plot follows a girl who came crashing in the main character's (a guy) apartment and fainted; she carried a note with her stating that the boy needs to ejaculate on her in order for her to survive. The boy has no choice but to help her out. As the story goes on the boy is required to do many things with her, obviously including sex. The atmosphere to the manga/anime was very tense and thick, and the artwork was beautiful.

I also remembered that there is also a third character that supposedly likes the male protagonist, and throughout the anime/manga, the protagonist engage in sexual activities with both these women.

P.S The manga is not SekaxSeka, as someone pointed out to me, and thank you in advance. Exclamation
DDdreamer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Hell there, forumites! Long time lurker, first time poster here. I found this picture a couple of days ago and I just can't figure out which manga it's from! I've been asking around quite a lot and I'm still drawing blanks. Figured I might as well put it up on here and see if anyone knows.

Sadly, this picture is all I've got...

[EDIT: I asked a friend and he said it looked like something from a Hojo Tsukasa manga. His guess was City Hunter, but I haven't read enough of that manga to know weather he's right or not.]

D3
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote
DDdreamer wrote:
I found this picture a couple of days ago and I just can't figure out which manga it's from! I've been asking around quite a lot and I'm still drawing blanks. Figured I might as well put it up on here and see if anyone knows.

Probably that is from a work by Kadoi Fumio.

DDdreamer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:55 am Reply with quote
hyojodoji wrote:
DDdreamer wrote:
I found this picture a couple of days ago and I just can't figure out which manga it's from! I've been asking around quite a lot and I'm still drawing blanks. Figured I might as well put it up on here and see if anyone knows.

Probably that is from a work by Kadoi Fumio.

Alright, thanks! Do you have any examples of manga made by Kado because I can't find anything =/

D3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 22 of 33