• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can you afford Fate/Zero blu-ray release?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timesplitter 01

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I could afford Fate/zero however I am not going to be paying $700-$800 for one series Shocked
batou37

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
In a word, No. I basically have divided my purchasing habits into 3 I guess I'd categorize them as "tiers":

1. Up to $60ish- Pretty much any series I think I'd like.
2. $80-$200- Something I really enjoyed and feel it is important to own as I plan on watching it multiple times, hopefully with a nice limited edition artbox set with bonuses (artbooks, etc...)
3. $200+- Something that fits the criteria of #2 and also that I will otherwise not be able to own (as far as I know.) It should be something I have an extreme interest in but will not be able to see through streaming or other means (I don't do fansubs.)

KnK fit into #3, depending on how I like Bakemono as I watch it streaming on CR it might fit into #2. As for F/Z, the art (and nice collection) might have bumped it into the second tier just so that I could see it 24p 1080p on my Panny, but after already seeing it I sure can't justify almost twice what I dropped for KnK.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I can, and did buy both of them, I have a job so it's no prob. It just eats up most of my leisure budget for two weeks.
zrdb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Nope.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I can, once every century. And since I bought Garden of Sinners for a premium last year, I won't be buying one of those for quite a while.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
strawberry-kun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I could afford it, but there's no way in heck I would ever pay that much for one series. The most I'd be willing to pay is around $200 for about thirteen episodes.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:40 am Reply with quote
$700 is not much money. lol
like less than one week of work, but i still won't buy it.
I don't think Fate Zero will increase value anytime soon.
Fate Stay Night on other hand was a great buy lol.

KnK is a different story because i didn't think it will de-value. I did sold it for around $75 profit when i clear out 80% of my anime collections.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:08 am Reply with quote
If I saved up money for a couple of months I could, but I'm not going to because there is no way I would be able to justify a purchase like that. I'll just wait for a cheaper release.
manicli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:30 am Reply with quote
Well I'm certainly glad that some people can afford it. I personally can but being a university student and all i have other priorities. But also hopefora cheaper release down the line for hopefully under 200 for both sets.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

Maybe not for YOU, but that just sort of sounds smug. I do what I can to support the anime I love, but I can only pay out so much at a time... Not everyone is in a good financial situation, with bills, student loans etc to pay and perhaps a minimum wage job which gives out peanuts :/ At one point I was making $700 MAYBE every 2 1/2 months... Yeah, sure, it's "not much money"... Comments like this just irk me.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Maybe not for YOU, but that just sort of sounds smug. I do what I can to support the anime I love, but I can only pay out so much at a time... Not everyone is in a good financial situation, with bills, student loans etc to pay and perhaps a minimum wage job which gives out peanuts :/ At one point I was making $700 MAYBE every 2 1/2 months... Yeah, sure, it's "not much money"... Comments like this just irk me.

+1
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Sheleigha wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

+1

+2. I'm lucky if I earn that much in a month. I can only dream of being able to drop down that sort of money on an anime series without a second thought.

Last edited by st_owly on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

But $700 over a six month period isn't a lot of money. $120 a month. It's not "at a time" as you say. Many of you spend that much in six months just on domestic releases, just deciding to invest ALL of it into one show is strange to most.
lem

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
As mentioned on the thread with the poll, I could and did afford both sets, the first set was $329 'n' change with shipping. And yeah that is hella expensive for a mere tv show, but the thing is there was a considerable amount of time between the availability of purchasing the second set.

So it's not like any fan had to pony up the full amount in one shot.

At any rate, as someone that was already a fan of Fate Stay night with the Geneon box set on my shelf I'm glad I took a chance on this, the fights look and sound amazing on HD n blu.
SoraChanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote
No way. Call me when Aniplex start releasing anime at a, price I can actually buy. Till then just wait and see if ever has a non limited version of their shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5