• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kevin Lillard in Hospital

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:16 am Reply with quote
Wow, I hope he's alright. I've talked to him at a few conventions, he's a cool guy.

And also, I think it's worth noting that there's already a collection of photos from Friday of the con up on his site, talk about committed!
isaacada1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:38 am Reply with quote
The heart attack took place sometime Saturday during the convention. No word on which hospital he is at nor his condition. Hopefully, one of the staffers from Ohayocon can bring us more information about this.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Thinkersblock07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:43 am Reply with quote
I go to his website all the time too! I hope his condition isn't too severe. I wish him a speedy recovery as well.
AWTWB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:44 am Reply with quote
I hope he's alright, He's a really nice person. My Friends talk to him all the time at cons we got to and he always gets such great shots of them. I wish him a speedy recovery also.
Absurd Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:39 am Reply with quote
Best of luck, Kevin. You are in our thoughts and hopes.
Lavitz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:07 am Reply with quote
From what I understand he got superkicked in the chest by someone.
akicafe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:28 am Reply with quote
I spoke with him on the phone about 6 hours after his ordeal. He is doing fine, due to the medical technology, efficiency of the hospital he went to, and the speed of which he was treated, he was completely coherent on the phone and is just being held at the hospital to monitor his condition until his release hopefully early this week.
Cowpunk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:25 am Reply with quote
I hope things come out OK for him.

Kevin is a great guy who really works hard. I try to talk to him at each con that we are both at. Actually each con I am at, he almost always is there. Some weekends he will do two cons and a race track, he got started in photography from his love of auto races.
hikura

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:10 am Reply with quote
I hope he gets better soon and does great with is recovery.He is such nice and great guy.I always talked to him at each con i have seen him at.He doesn't judge anyone based on their costume nor does he discrimanate against on trying to get as many photos of people as possible.
Proz512

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quote
Nice to know he's doing okay but he'll still be in my prayers. He's had a major impact on the cosplay/con scene that something worse would be tragic.
jerowen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:32 pm Reply with quote
glad to hear that he is doing as well as one can after such an ordeal. here's to hoping his revovery continues on its current track.
Cyan Bloodbane

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Oh my goodness..that site has been around since my first con in 1998.

I'm glad he's alright.
biliano

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Anime-cons.com stated that the most recent report from a guest at the con says that he is in good condition but not allowed to have visitors or calls. Certainly good news, and I wish Mr. Lillard a speedy recovery.
Shinobi X

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:59 pm Reply with quote
That's some scary news. I hope he's alright now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
packrat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:02 pm Reply with quote
My understanding is that Kevin had a heart attack Saturday morning. (I'm Ryan Mathews' wife mentioned in the article.) He was taken to the hospital and was apparently conscious while he was being taken out. His heart attack was announced during the masqerade and Ohayocon staff asked for people to donate get well cards, thank you messages and money for silk flowers. Beth, the staff member collecting the money expected 50 dollars and I'm glad to say that she collected over $300. She's looking into other ways to spend the money left over after flowers. Possibilities included: possibly helping with medical bills or a gift certificate to Radio Shack or a camera store (which makes sense given his inclinations. ^_-) I hope one or more websites takes up additional donation or possibly "thank you" fundraising for the man.

For my part, I saw him on Friday and he seemed perfectly fine, laughing and joking as always. I was shocked and very saddened to hear of his heart attack. I hope he recovers quickly and completely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2