• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Accel World (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
Can someone explain to me the Chiyu-Haru moment there? Was she saying spoiler[Haru can physically touch her in ways Nomi can't? If so: she's Haru's best friend's girlfriend (that was a highly possessive sentence), yet she seems to enjoy a lot of physical contact with Haru.] This anime has taught me that all attractive women like fat guys; time to lose the abs!

To be fair it was established a few episodes ago they had broken up.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 23

spoiler[Chiyu's sudden change of heart was kinda suspicious.
Sudden death duel with Nomi, now that was a risk.
What a surprise... Nomi never plays fair.
I was glad Taku finally found some strength.
Not that it did him much good since he's still too naive.
Yet another fight where Kuroyukihime lends a hand.
That Haru is still pretty disappointing since he's unable to defeat others without her holding his hand.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's about time spoiler[Hime showed up].

I'm looking forward to the finale next episode next time and see Nomi get the beating that he deserves.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote
That episode was surprisingly good; it felt too short. Hopefully there's a second season planned because very little has been accomplished this season.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
it's gonna feel good watching that little shit get what he deserves
Xanas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I disagree that it's at all disappointing that spoiler[Haru needs Kuroyukihime's help.] In fact, I think that's a great thing about this show, it not only makes the supporting characters important it prevents the show from becoming all about one character who is OP for no reason at all.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 24/finale
Well, I'm glad that bastard Nomi finally gets what he deserves in this episode and spoiler[that's a royal beat down thanks to Chiyu and her abilities.]

Overall, I thought this series was decent with the characters, soundtrack, artwork, and some other factors. I suppose a Season 2 is possible as spoiler[Hime's goal of level 10 is not reached while Haruyuki promises to stand by her side.]

Anyways, it was a fun ride that began a few months ago back in April. Might check out the OVA (after it's subbed).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Finding out the Chiyu is essentially spoiler[Orihime] made me realize I should have thought of that sooner. Overall, I thought it was pretty good. I could have done without him being so whiny and for the series to accomplish more.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 24

So that was what Chiyu was planning, spoiler[I was surprised when she suddenly decided to heal Nomi again during the battle, what with the final hit between the two of them about to be decided. But when it was revealed that she actually figured out that the move turns back time, and she had planned from the beginning to use it to return the wings back to Haruyuki was a good twist. I said from the beginning that she was planning to betray him, and how it played out was done well, as with showing how hard it had been for Chiyu.] I looked at some other sources, and apparently the sound of the bell sounds like spoiler[the chime from their old school, she wants to go back to how things were then.]

The big attack by Haruyki was definitely a climax, probably worth some of the other things we had to put up with. Seeing Nomi spoiler[beg afterwards was quite the scene, probably since such a scene should normally incite some sort of mercy, but we had seen that such words from him were hollow.] All the scenes after that also perfect ways to finish off, lol at Haruyuki spoiler[making it sound like he was proposing], and aww at Kuroyuki and spoiler[Sky Raker making up.]

Overall it was a good series, of course not without its problems, but a second season seems very likely, although I don't know how well it is selling.
Skullface

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

but a second season seems very likely, although I don't know how well it is selling.

from animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-18/japanese-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-september-10-16
its selling 7000+ which I'm pretty sure is decent. Also near the end when it shows all the characters it showed spoiler[two characters that show up later in the light novels.] So that could be a hint at a next season but The World God Only Knows did the same thing and no season 3 =(
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Haru vs Nomi!
A flying battle, that was pretty cool.
At first I thought Chiyu betrayed him again, but getting the wings back was the best thing that he could' ve hoped for.
Seems like Haru has even cooler version of wings now.
Hope Chiyu will you her power to turn back time for good from now on.
Nomi finally out of Brain Burst world for good.
I'm glad Nomi's personality totally changed after the game disappeared from his head.]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
that was extremely satisfying battle. anyone else notice Megumi when the train was leaving?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I forgot to mention that we got a clue to Kuroyukihime's personal name, apparently it is something along the lines of spoiler[Sacchan].
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
that was extremely satisfying battle. anyone else notice Megumi when the train was leaving?

Yea her eyes were all glowing red. It was kind of scary lol.

Overall, I was extremely pleased with the finale. This show has from the beginning done a fantastic job with character development. The plot was dragging along for a little while, but I kept coming back every week because I sincerely wanted to know what was happening to my favorite characters. I was actually very glad to see spoiler[Haru finish off Nomi even after he was begging for mercy. This was something that I didn't expect and I like surprises. Usually in anime, they find some way to let the hero win the bad guy over with kindness, but this time they just ruthlessly finished him off. It was a nice change of pace from the usual mushy stuff.]
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote
Things the first extra episode taught me:

• Women love having a raging spike.
  • Women love fusion.
  • Women like to be bossed around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 21