• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'From the New World' Sci-Fi Anime's Ads Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
This anime looks very interesting form the trailers. Here is hope a site like crunchyroll picks it up out of the many!

though what are the odds you say!

no idea!
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote
^ Between CR, Funimation and Viz, there were only about two or three shows from this season not simulcast, and CR ended up with the majority of the series, so I think there's an excellent chance that this will be available.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow.

So many interesting looking shows for fall.

I'm going to have to make adjustments to my work schedule to keep up with them.
StormSky92

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:58 am Reply with quote
This looks really interesting. I hope it's as good as the trailers make it out to be.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:21 am Reply with quote
Some of the character designs, particular the one girl whose face we see directly, seem 'big-eyed' enough to worry me, but there are a few striking images and a touch of foreboding mixed in that encourage me to be interested in this series. My kvetching over some facial proportions aside, it seems quite pretty-looking.

I remain a little tentative on principle, but this is one of the fall series that I have hopes for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:43 am Reply with quote
Since I don't speak Japanese I can only go by the visuals which are obviously quite beautiful, especially the long shots and backgrounds. Still I doesn't really look like "science-fiction" to me, but more like a "fantasy" show. I know full well that the line between science-fiction and fantasy is a blurry one when it comes to anime. Still the trailer made it appear this show had a lot of supernatural material in it rather than science.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:54 am Reply with quote
There's such a thing called "Science Fantasy", you know.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:59 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Some of the character designs, particular the one girl whose face we see directly, seem 'big-eyed' enough to worry me,

I think of it as an homage to Ghost Hound,a series with somewhat similar premise,music ,visuals and incredibly similar character designs.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Quote:
Some of the character designs, particular the one girl whose face we see directly, seem 'big-eyed' enough to worry me,

I think of it as an homage to Ghost Hound,a series with somewhat similar premise,music ,visuals and incredibly similar character designs.

I was thinking that too, I just hope this one moves faster and stays more cohesive throughout.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1