• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Neon Alley Streams of English Dubs to Debut on October 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yappers4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quote
With exception of Naruto Shippuden, all of these should be on adult swim Toonami. I am certain they would boost up the ratings and increase popularity even more than probably are now, especially Tiger & Bunny.
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:
With exception of Naruto Shippuden, all of these should be on adult swim Toonami. I am certain they would boost up the ratings and increase popularity even more than probably are now, especially Tiger & Bunny.

The exact reason (according to Viz at least) is that not all of these shows really could air on Toonami, which is pretty much true given the acquisition budget for Toonami still seems to be pretty low. Though both sides have claimed this won't actually affect the chances of any of these shows airing on Toonami so hopefully we'll see them there someday, though till the block gets a bit more funding (which definently isn't happening anytime soon) I expect it'll most likely remain Funi dominated.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
So is Lagrange's dub being premiered on Oct 2nd? Or is it just the titles listed below the video.
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
So is Lagrange's dub being premiered on Oct 2nd? Or is it just the titles listed below the video.

No it seems Lagrange and Zetman are premiering later on. Makes sense since both technically aired in Japan this year so the japanese licensors may be making them wait a bit.
redranger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
Well this is bullshit. Was hoping to see lagrange.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

No it seems Lagrange and Zetman are premiering later on. Makes sense since both technically aired in Japan this year so the japanese licensors may be making them wait a bit.

Ok that makes more sense, because if they were going to air it at launch that would be a bit odd. Since that's a really short turnabout time from t.v airing in Japan to having a decent English dub.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I might try this out for a month and see how I like it, considering I plan to purchase most of those shows anyway. Plus Idk if i'll have time to watch TV so much these days :/
Really want TFA of Inuyasha, everything else is just meh for me
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Damn, at times like these, I wish I had a PS3...

But at least it's good to know this won't affect the chances of these shows premiering on Toonami. I would really love to see InuYasha: The Final Act relive the success of the original InuYasha seasons...
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
DamnBut at least it's good to know this won't affect the chances of these shows premiering on Toonami. I would really love to see InuYasha: The Final Act relive the success of the original InuYasha seasons...

About that, Viz Media apparently has been releasing the dubbed episodes (I think they're dubbed anyway) on their Vizanimeondemand channel on Youtube. For whatever the reason even though I'm subscribed to them and see when they're uploading those episodes, they're not available as soon as they're uploaded. But they have episodes of some of their other shows available on Youtube for $1.99 an episode.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
...this is nice and all, but what about people who like English dubbed but watch it with subtitles? Closed caption option or subtitles for the hearing impaired and then we'll talk.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Good to finally have a date for this.

I guess I'll probably try it too since there's a bunch of shows I like in the lineup and I've been really looking forward to the new dubs of Tiger & Bunny and Blue Exorcist (as well as Zetman and Lagrange, and Nura's first two eps were enjoyable back when I saw them fansubbed) and we still don't have any sort of timetable for when those might be coming to BD.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheGameNinja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
So... are the shows going to be available to watch whenever or will it be a 24/7 stream that works like a TV channel?
Mogtaki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Great! So, when will we get this service in the UK? Never? Oh, okay. Thanks.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I keep forgetting that Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne got, or is getting, an English dub. I might want to see that. I know that I read about it before, but it hasn't seemed like a big deal. I was quite surprised that Zetman is getting an English dub. Viz still seems to be kind of bad at handling its anime properties. I know that they're outside of its core competence, but you'd think that they'd be getting better given how they keep trying.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
I keep forgetting that Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne got, or is getting, an English dub. I might want to see that. I know that I read about it before, but it hasn't seemed like a big deal. I was quite surprised that Zetman is getting an English dub. Viz still seems to be kind of bad at handling its anime properties. I know that they're outside of its core competence, but you'd think that they'd be getting better given how they keep trying.

Their home releases are just as strange, they've got stuff that still somehow hasn't been released like that show with the demon detective and a few others and it's still depressing that I bought the first box of Monster and we apparently won't get the rest of that awesome show...I should have taped them while they were on tv, but I figured that since they were dubbed and shown on tv that we'd likely be able to get the discs since it's not like some other shows where they stop because it doesn't sell enough to dub/translate/print the discs, as they were already pretty much made since they finished everything already since they aired the whole show on tv.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2