• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can you afford Fate/Zero blu-ray release?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:

But $700 over a six month period isn't a lot of money. $120 a month. It's not "at a time" as you say. Many of you spend that much in six months just on domestic releases, just deciding to invest ALL of it into one show is strange to most.

Once again, when you have bills etc on TOP of what you earn, yes, yes it is. I've seen your posts, I know YOU have the money to spare, so you don't have much to say on it. As I said, $120 can be what someone makes in one cheque, but there's bills, food, etc. with that HOW much of that can really be saved up?? Unless you make a lot of money, then you would have a lot to spare...

Besides for someone like me, I collect things like games along with anime. I have to pick and chose which is more worth it. I usually end up going for LEs of games, knowing their values go up, whereas a lot of anime I want, will drop in price and/or get re-released as a complete collection or whatever. I have chipboard LEs of a couple Funi LEs, but only when on sale...
Still, in the end, if I didn't have a credit card, I would NOT be able to 'afford' any of it >_> Don't worry, I pay back my IOUs every chance I get >_>

I mean if you have the extra money to spare and can afford them, good for you. But it bugs me (and I'm sure others) when you try and get convinced that it's "easy" to spend/save up for.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
As asinine as my logic will seem to some of you here, I would be entirely obliged to purchase the limited edition, even if the price is criminally high due to importation. I confess to being somewhat obsessed with collector's items that way.

Such is why I am glad that I am not interested in the Fate/ series by any measure. As beautiful as the box is, the price is not justified. My money would be better spent pre-ordering a Nintendo Wii U or something.
Mylene

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm another that could technically afford it, but while I enjoy the series it just isn't worth $700 to me. Particularly when I could use that money to buy amazing Saber figures instead. Only 2 series get the multiple hundreds of dollars on DVDs treatment in my house: Sailor Moon and Revolutionary Girl Utena.
LordByron227

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
$225 is the highest I've paid for a single title so far (the 3 PMMM LEs at $75 each) and I'm pretty sure that's my line in the sand. Any more than that and I'd expect Laura Bailey to hand deliver the item to my door wearing the Princess Leia bikini.

Lol....I would much prefer the Catherine outfit TBH.........gawd dat Rise voice. Razz

A man can dream right...a man can dream...

: forever-alone:
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:10 am Reply with quote
The second half arrived yesterday. The mail person was female, but not in Princess Leia cosplay, it was just as well. Shocked I had to sign for the package, for some odd reason TRSI insured it, which they did not do with the first half.

Now I have to get a Round TUIT and watch it. I only watched the first episode online.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I only watched the first episode online.

Hey, if you end up not liking it, you know where to send it. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Quote:
I only watched the first episode online.

Hey, if you end up not liking it, you know where to send it. Cool

Aw, how thoughtful of you to remind Alan that he has my address!
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I am now two episodes in and I like it. Sorry 'bout that. Laughing Mr. Green

Wow is it beautiful on a large TV screen.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
I had to sign for the package, for some odd reason TRSI insured it, which they did not do with the first half.

They'd be stupid not to. My company had a contract with a huge delivery company, and trust me, boxes fly in that place.

If you get a dirty box, that's most likely because it went skiing on the floor, either after being thrown or kicked.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
@ egoist

I am well aware that packages can be damaged or lost. What I found a bit bemusing was that they didn't insure the first half which was more expensive. I just found it sitting on the porch when I got home one day. I've also had other orders where the contents were more expensive come without insurance.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Both of mine were insured.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
That's because they didn't see what I did. Laughing

Perhaps they received complaints and started insuring from a date?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote
It is likely that the insurance means you have to sign for the package which provides evidence that you got it.

The funny thing is that TRSI was the first online dealer I ever bought from back in the late 90s. I eventually quit buying from them, partly because they always required a signature to get the package. I still worked then and was never home when the package came. At that point I had to wait a day and rush to the postoffice before they closed or take some time off work. Fortunately when the most recent package came I was home to get it.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote
The usually only require signature for items that they'd have to pay the sender if damaged or lost.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I can afford it, but I'll be passing on this. The price is too steep. More than half a thousand dollars on one series is just too unreasonable for me no matter how much I enjoyed and want to have it in my collection.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5