• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NisiOisin's Nekomonogatari (Black) Anime to Air on TV

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:21 am Reply with quote
Yeah... I'm socked...

In other words: HELL YEAH!!!!!!!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:29 am Reply with quote
2014 probably at the soonest knowing SHAFT.

EDIT: Considering Kizu was announced way back in 2010 it could even be 2015.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:19 am Reply with quote
If they are going to preview it before the end of the year, then I'd assume they must be looking at a TV airing around April-October 2013.
Either way, great news.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:22 am Reply with quote
Oh I'm sure that will be the planned date or thereabouts. But remember, Kizu was planned for 2012 and that came with a trailer.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:36 am Reply with quote
Not surprised at this announcement. The -monogatari series is a license to print money, and any producer worth his salt is not going to pass up on a near-guaranteed profit.
nothing935

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:46 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Oh I'm sure that will be the planned date or thereabouts. But remember, Kizu was planned for 2012 and that came with a trailer.

Yeah but wasn't Nise announced suddenly like a month before it aired and this article makes it seem like this preview is just before the air date but that could be just be the way the article was written.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:19 am Reply with quote
nothing935 wrote:
Yeah but wasn't Nise announced suddenly like a month before it aired and this article makes it seem like this preview is just before the air date but that could be just be the way the article was written.

Nise was announced on September 15, 2011 and aired in January 2012. About 3.5 months.
Infinite Freedom Machine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:03 am Reply with quote
Oh god oh god oh god. Nekomonogatari White is one of the best stories I've read in the series. Black is also perfect, though not quite as exciting. Hanekawa is such a brilliant character. This can't come soon enough.
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:17 am Reply with quote
I haven't read the light novels, so I'm a little confused. Was the OVA at the end of Bakemonogatari the "Nekomonogatari (White)" arc?
Infinite Freedom Machine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:30 am Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:
I haven't read the light novels, so I'm a little confused. Was the OVA at the end of Bakemonogatari the "Nekomonogatari (White)" arc?

No, Nekomonogatari (Black) occurs in-universe after Kizumonogatari but is told after Nisemonogatari. Nekomonogatari (White) occurs after Nisemonogatari and is told after it as well. So the story is told in this order:

Bakemonogatari>Nisemonogatari>Nekomonogatari (Black)>Kizumonogatari>Nekomonogatari (White)

And events occur in this order:

Kizumonogatari>Nekomonogatari (Black)>Bakemonogatari>Nisemonogatari>Nekomonogatari (White)

Well I guess the order the story is told in depends on if you use the light novels or the anime order. The Kizumonogatari LN was released in between Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari, but the order otherwise looks like it will be unchanged.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:04 am Reply with quote
I bet this comes out before Kizumonogatari.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:06 am Reply with quote
We still haven't gotten the movie for Kizumonogatari.........
sailorsean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:47 am Reply with quote
I wish Kyoani was like this when dealing with the Haruhi Suzumiya novels just like how SHAFT is with dealing with the Bakemonogatari novels. They both know what the fans want. SHAFT is the only one continuing it.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
I wish Kyoani was like this when dealing with the Haruhi Suzumiya novels just like how SHAFT is with dealing with the Bakemonogatari novels. They both know what the fans want. SHAFT is the only one continuing it.

Yeah, its KyoAni who is giving everyone the Shaft, not SHAFT.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:

Different studios with different production committee. Kadokawa Shoten, who holds the rights to the light novels, agreed with KyoAni to produce the anime for Nichijou and Hyouka. KyoAni also alternates Kadokawa projects with TBS/Pony Canyon projects (which of late have all been K-On! or the upcoming Chuunibyou).

Shaft has been working a lot with Aniplex for Madoka and the Monogatari series. It's easier to get productions done when you have more than two projects in a year and mainly work with one big production committee.

There's also the issue that we do not know what KyoAni's next project will be whereas we know 4 of Shafts's upcoming works (granted one has been delayed to high heaven, but it is SHAFT). You're trying to compare apples to oranges.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3