• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NisiOisin's Nekomonogatari (Black) Anime to Air on TV

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:22 am Reply with quote
SHAFT doesn't matter. Many anime studio can make great anime off Monogatari books.
Infinite Freedom Machine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote
I think Shaft's style is pretty well-suited to Nisioisin's writing. Fast paced, clever dialogue with a deeply emotional background set to atmospheric art direction and quick, oblique cuts.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
SHAFT doesn't matter. Many anime studio can make great anime off Monogatari books.

Yeah, give Bakemonogatari to some random studio and director and see if it still ended up as a 70,000+ seller.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:37 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
2014 probably at the soonest knowing SHAFT.

EDIT: Considering Kizu was announced way back in 2010 it could even be 2015.

I would not be surprised if it is delayed that long. But isn't in SHAFT's best interest to keep churning more Monogatari anime as soon as possible? I have heard that Japanese anime fans tend to have a short term memory span (sorry if I am using the wrong term). If nothing comes out in 2013, Monogatari might be irrelevant by 2014.

And so, does this announcement mean that Kizumonogatari will premiere after Nekomogatari (Black)?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

And so, does this announcement mean that Kizumonogatari will premiere after Nekomogatari (Black)?

This announcement means nothing regarding Kizumonogatari.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

No. All this announcement means is that (part of/all of) Nekomonogatari (Black) will be shown at an event prior to it airing on TV. It means nothing (thus far) for any other Monogatari work.
Infinite Freedom Machine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

I'm pretty sure it means exactly what he said. Kizumonogatari was delayed to 2013 and apparently Neko Black is premiering in 2012.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote
Infinite Freedom Machine wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

I'm pretty sure it means exactly what he said. Kizumonogatari was delayed to 2013 and apparently Neko Black is premiering in 2012.
In an earlier article where the Zenmonogatari project was mentioned, they did announce that Kizumonogatari was delayed past this year. That is not mentioned in this article/ad, thus, like Fencedude and I said, this announcement means nothing regarding it.
Infinite Freedom Machine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:53 am Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

In an earlier article where the Zenmonogatari project was mentioned, they did announce that Kizumonogatari was delayed past this year. That is not mentioned in this article/ad, thus, like Fencedude and I said, this announcement means nothing regarding it.

Yes it does. He asked if Kizumonogatari was premiering after Neko Black. This article confirms that Neko Black is premiering this year. Kizumonogatari has been delayed past this year. Thus it confirms that Kizumonogatari will be premiering afterwards.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:00 am Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

Yes it does. He asked if Kizumonogatari was premiering after Neko Black. This article confirms that Neko Black is premiering this year. Kizumonogatari has been delayed past this year. Thus it confirms that Kizumonogatari will be premiering afterwards.
There is no confirmation whether this is part of the "second season" after all and is the first part of it or if that "second season" would air between this event and the premiere of the Kizu movie. That does not mean Kizu would be the next released work, premiering afterwards, or if the project is cancelled, however unlikely that may be. All this announcement says is that Nekomonogatari (Black) will be shown at an event in December prior to it airing on TV. Anything else is speculation.
Infinite Freedom Machine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

There is no confirmation whether this is part of the "second season" after all and is the first part of it or if that "second season" would air between this event and the premiere of the Kizu movie. That does not mean Kizu would be the next released work, premiering afterwards, or if the project is cancelled, however unlikely that may be. All this announcement says is that Nekomonogatari (Black) will be shown at an event in December prior to it airing on TV. Anything else is speculation.

Ummm... I guess I'll have to repeat myself? This article confirms that Nekomonogatari Black is premiering in 2012. As far as we know, Kizumonogatari is premiering some time after that. Therefore the article confirms the original question. The structure of Nekomonogatari Black and the second season aren't relevant.

Also the article explicitly states that Nekomonogatari Black is the last entry in the first season, and that the second season will start with Nekomonogatari White.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

Ummm... I guess I'll have to repeat myself? This article confirms that Nekomonogatari Black is premiering in 2012. As far as we know, Kizumonogatari is premiering some time after that. Therefore the article confirms the original question. The structure of Nekomonogatari Black and the second season aren't relevant.
The original poster asked if the movie would premiere after it (likely asking if it was next in line). As I said, we do not know what the structure of the plans are, thus we cannot say if it's premiering after this or not. Is it planned to screen at some point after this? Most likely, but we do not know that for certain.
Infinite Freedom Machine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:08 am Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

The original poster asked if the movie would premiere after it (likely asking if it was next in line). As I said, we do not know what the structure of the plans are, thus we cannot say if it's premiering after this or not. Is it planned to screen at some point after this? Most likely, but we do not know that for certain.

The last we heard about Kizumonogatari was that it was delayed past 2012. Not that it was cancelled. Why would you assume otherwise? And the question was not asking if Kizumonogatari would premier subsequently after Nekmonogatari Black, just after.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

The last we heard about Kizumonogatari was that it was delayed past 2012. Not that it was cancelled. Why would you assume otherwise? And the question was not asking if Kizumonogatari would premier subsequently after Nekmonogatari Black, just after.
I always stated that it was unlikely that Kizu was cancelled, but we can never count that possibility out until we have a date. This project has been pushed back and pushed back since it was first announced in 2010, so who knows what may be going on behind the scenes. Do I think it will be cancelled? No, but I always have to consider it a remote possibility.

For the second point, the poster put out the possibility that there would be no Monogatari in 2013, thus asking if it would come right after Neko (Black).
Infinite Freedom Machine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:

I always stated that it was unlikely that Kizu was cancelled, but we can never count that possibility out until we have a date. This project has been pushed back and pushed back since it was first announced in 2010, so who knows what may be going on behind the scenes. Do I think it will be cancelled? No, but I always have to consider it a remote possibility.

For the second point, the poster put out the possibility that there would be no Monogatari in 2013, thus asking if it would come right after Neko (Black).[/quote]
How does speculating about the absence of monogatari releases in 2013 translate to asking if Kizumonogatari is going to be released immediately after Nekomonogatari Black? And regardless of your speculation, there isn't any precedent for the cancellation of Kizumonogatari and it's not relevant to what has actually been said to the press.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3