• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kana Hanazawa Leads P.A. Works' Nagi no Asu Kara Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:22 am Reply with quote
The only thing that really interests me is that Buruki is doing the original character designs. I'm quite interested to see how PA Works adapts his style of art.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does it seem like Mari Okada is doing the story for like half of all the anime that comes out now?
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 am Reply with quote
P.A. Works needs to make another anime like True Tears already.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Is it just me, or does it seem like Mari Okada is doing the story for like half of all the anime that comes out now?

She does do an awful lot of stuff these days. Maybe the production committees like her a lot for whatever reason. I don't think I've seen an anime that she wrote, so I'm not going to make a judgement on her skill or anything.
acejem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote
"Hanazawa will play Manaka Mukaido, a middle school girl who is indecisive and prone to crying. Hanae will play Hikari Sakishima, Manaka's caring childhood friend."

At this point, I'm laughing since I know what to expect from Okada and melodrama and I saw this from a mile away Laughing

Won't be watching...
aereus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Well I'll be watching. PA Works always has interesting stories, even if they aren't groundbreaking stuff. I give them a lot of credit for consistently putting out good original content. They have a far better track record than Gonzo ever did, thats for sure.
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Hanazawa was Kuroneko? I knew she was Nessa from Fractale, so I didn't even notice. I like her voice-acting. It's just soft-spoken enough that it's pleasant to hear and isn't screechy or ear-piercing like Kugimiya Rie's tight-casted voice.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
she's been real busy lately
time to milk the fanbase while in the limelight!
she also has a role in the upcoming tonari no kaibutsu and Oreshura!
I made me a little collage of some of the roles she's done.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
If it's got PA Works attached to it I'm sure it'll be wonderful.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:
Hanazawa was Kuroneko? I knew she was Nessa from Fractale, so I didn't even notice. I like her voice-acting. It's just soft-spoken enough that it's pleasant to hear and isn't screechy or ear-piercing like Kugimiya Rie's tight-casted voice.

Would it surprise you more if she was Tenshi from Angel Beats!?, Potemayo, or Black Rock Shooter?
brankoburcksen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quote
From what I've read of the story, it does not sound very original or anything most anime fans haven't seen a million times before. However, given the fact that it is being done by P.A. Works, who just completed the highly underrated "Tari Tari" and is being written by Mari Okada who seems to be the hardest working writer in Japan, it spells out another production likely to come out with low expectations and just grow in popularity from there.

I find it rather funny that I can name more television writers for anime series than I can writers for American TV shows who aren't the creators. I can think of David Simon (The Wire), Matthew Wiener (Mad Men) and Vince Gilligan (Breaking Bad), but I'm at a loss to name any of the other writers for their series. Go figure.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I think simply stating which shows Hanazawa wasn't part of would be a lot less work for the news dudes.
-MgZ_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Must watch!
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote
tari tari started off very strong but then tanked at the end
I have to question if the show was slated to be 26 episodes but instead they smashed everything into the last 6.
acejem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
tari tari started off very strong but then tanked at the end
I have to question if the show was slated to be 26 episodes but instead they smashed everything into the last 6.

Umm... Tari Tari was was consistent from start to finish and was about the most consistent work PA Works did. It is quite contrary to what they do since they usually tank at some points or another - Canaan, Angel Beats, Another and Iroha all had this problem. PACING is as far as you can criticize it for and if you were to criticize it would be for its low-key, unambitious premise.

That or you were unhappy with its "bittersweet" ending or the fact that we had a inconclusive romantic conclusion (I swear that some shippers are blind to everything but shipping because I'm actually seeing this complaint amongst various anime communities. Hyouka got the same flak too for it as well).

Anyways, assuming Mari Okada is on her game, you can expect some hamtastical, theatrical melodrama because that's what she's good at. And if PA gives a reasonable budget (Tari Tari and Another were quite shafted on PA's normal standards) it'll most likely look very pretty too. Unfortunately, the entirety of this year and the latter of last year completely debunks her quality of writing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2