• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime on Demand To Stream K Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Anime on Demand To Stream K Anime

With a name such as that, one would be forgiven for believing it was a Korean production.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
QuinnM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Haha oh wow, and there we were thinking Anime on Demand were long dead, guess Kaze are still paying their upkeep (god only knows why).

Did that 5 year plan get extended? Was the year of silence, no shows, and no customers all part of the plan? lol

Also nice to see they're *still* neglecting to post news like this on their own website news section. Can't even get the basics right, and they wonder why they're on the verge of collapse.
Takuku

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Meh, depends on the news and how much they have to say. For the announcement they made, Facebook and Twitter is good enough. Might be better putting it on the main site once they have times ready to announced and have already done the rest of the shows.

As for what's happening this season, Andrew has already gave some details on another forum.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
There's more detail on the AoD site; there's no subscription option because all 6 titles this season are free streams:

Quote:
Dear all Anime on Demand users,

We realise there are a lot of people who have been wondering what is going on with Anime on Demand in the last few seasons with a drop in content despite a new site and a bunch of other things. While we can't reveal one of the most exciting changes to our platform this season, the word of the day for the Autumn season from us is transition.

So what's transitioning this season? You'll see a few aesthetic changes for one - but the most important change is that we want to do something special for not only our subscribers but all UK anime fans. So for this season exclusively all 6 of our new simulcasts will be free.

That's right - you heard me - 100% free with only a pre-roll catch from us, no adverts. It's a one-season exclusive and we'll reveal what's next after that following a bit of old-fashioned talking to you, the fans, to build an even better service here.

As a result for now we've removed subscription requirements for this season too as of today so many subscribers will have received a cancellation notice. We are currently working out a gift scheme for people who have been subscribers over the last season to make up for the lack of content. A situation both myself and the rest of the team can only apologize for and that will make sense when the curtain is lifted, for NDA-tastic reasons we can't elaborate yet though.

We realise this is a very bumpy road we've taken everyone on and we're not there yet - new things are coming though and I will personally be gathering feedback from people both at London MCM Expo and beyond in order to guide that.

Nothing worth doing was easy and I want to build something that lasts for a long time for everyone though. I hope everyone is up for joining me for the ride from here on out.

Much love,

Andrew Partridge,

On behalf of Anime on Demand / Kaze
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1