• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Haganai Season's Title, Staff Changes, Key Visual Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Just saw the unaired episode recently and definitely looking forward to this sequel even with the staff changes.

~universe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Well maybe it will be 24eps now
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote
At least it's keeping the same studio animating it. Plus with the author for the light novels in charge of the scripts, hopefully it'll avoid any filler episodes.
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:31 am Reply with quote
Nice to see Hirasaka helping out with the scripts this time around. Also, intrigued about the director - certain parts, if I remember correctly, from the novels could work out well with his direction.

firedragon54738 wrote:
Well maybe it will be 24eps now

There are only 4/4.5 (unless vol. 9 comes out soon. haven't checked) that still need to be animated. Its probably going to still be one cour.

tangytangerine wrote:
At least it's keeping the same studio animating it. Plus with the author for the light novels in charge of the scripts, hopefully it'll avoid any filler episodes.

Filler episodes? I don't remember any filler episodes at all (not saying there weren't, I honestly don't remember). Season 1 was pretty faithful, overall, to the novels.
kanechin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quote
*sigh* this is going to suck. No matter how good or bad boku 2nd will be it will have 1 of the predictable crappy endings, kodaka x sena/yozora. Only hope for a Rika/Kobato/Maria end lives only in doujins.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:16 am Reply with quote
Unless the novels end post-haste, its probably not going to have any sort of actual conclusion.

Besides, the only true end is Sena/Yozora hatesex.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:20 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

It's not "hatesex" as you put it when the couple are in a loving BDSM relationship. It's pretty obvious that Yozora is a S and Sena is a M, so they're very compatible. They should both forget about Kodaka and hook up together.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:26 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

It's not "hatesex" as you put it when the couple are in a loving BDSM relationship. It's pretty obvious that Yozora is a S and Sena is a M, so they're very compatible. They should both forget about Kodaka and hook up together.

Sena craves Yozora's validation so hard. And yeah, total BDSM relationship.

There's going to be something this season that really drives it home, which makes Kodaka's presence even more unfortunate. And I actually like him! He should hook up with Rikka, or the trap.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quote
how dare you see the unaired episode before me.

Sena is not really M, more like Uke.
remember, she treats boys very badly herself.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:48 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
tangytangerine wrote:

Filler episodes? I don't remember any filler episodes at all (not saying there weren't, I honestly don't remember). Season 1 was pretty faithful, overall, to the novels.

I meant generally, since a lot of anime shows that get a 2nd season usually have a couple filler episodes. An extreme example of this would be "Is this a Zombie? Of the Dead", where most of the season was filler episodes.
Arkasia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:08 am Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
*sigh* this is going to suck. No matter how good or bad boku 2nd will be it will have 1 of the predictable crappy endings, kodaka x sena/yozora. Only hope for a Rika/Kobato/Maria end lives only in doujins.

*sigh* because an ending with a one dimensional character like Rika would make sense.. They even made a joke of it in the first season iirc. What is left if you take the pervertedness from her? Nothing. Kobato is the cute little sister character and Maria is a mentally challenged 10 year old who somehow was assigned as club counselor and likes food. They're good for comedy but I can't see how a serious attempt at romance between the main character and them could work. Same with Yukimura

tangytangerine wrote:

I meant generally, since a lot of anime shows that get a 2nd season usually have a couple filler episodes. An extreme example of this would be "Is this a Zombie? Of the Dead", where most of the season was filler episodes.

superdry wrote:

There are only 4/4.5 (unless vol. 9 comes out soon. haven't checked) that still need to be animated. Its probably going to still be one cour.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:08 am Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:
superdry wrote:
tangytangerine wrote:

Except it didn't.

Would it seriously kill people to actually know what they are talking about before making blanket assumptions about things?

Also, just in general, anyone who mentions "filler" needs to get slapped.
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:
superdry wrote:
tangytangerine wrote:

Oh, I gotcha - I thought you were referring to the fact that season 1 had filler episodes. haha...my mistake.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
there was lots of filler garbage in the first season of haganai. In case you did not realize this, even novels can have 'filler garbage', *gasp*

anyway, I loved all the episodes in zombie of the dead. All I ever wanted was a funny comedy with cute characters and that is what I got which made it far better than the first season.

Naruto and beelzebub have notoriously bad filler episodes that have absolutely nothing to do with the series which makes them bad.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
there was lots of filler garbage in the first season of haganai. In case you did not realize this, even novels can have 'filler garbage', *gasp*

The term filler has officially become completely meaningless.

Please stop using it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2