• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, September 17-23

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Rather unusual to have Conan at the top especially at the second week even if the anime spars with One Piece and frequently wins in ratings on Japanese television...

Wonder how normal it is for a manga to be relatively obscure (speaking from the curbstomp OP is delivering to everyone) despite the animation doing REALLY REALLY well and getting movies on a yearly basis. >_>

More manga I like at the top for a week... Yay!
Need to catch up on it... >_>
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Thrilled to see Kamisama Dolls, Chihayafuru, Ao Haru Ride, and Blast of Tempest are all doing well. Particularly hoping the latter three get licensed stateside.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:32 am Reply with quote
ah pumpkin scissors, a manga i wanted to buy torn cruelly from the grasp of the English speaking masses.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
ah pumpkin scissors, a manga i wanted to buy torn cruelly from the grasp of the English speaking masses.

I'm with ya, I've been hoping for a US license for years. Seems like something Kodansha USA or YP would license. Maybe even SS or DH, but I don't think Viz would touch it.

Edit:LOL, after some checking I see that Kodansha(Del Rey) does hold the license, they just have it on hiatus after vol 5?
eurotrip1986

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:04 pm Reply with quote
thelastgogeta wrote:
Rather unusual to have Conan at the top especially at the second week even if the anime spars with One Piece and frequently wins in ratings on Japanese television...

Wonder how normal it is for a manga to be relatively obscure (speaking from the curbstomp OP is delivering to everyone) despite the animation doing REALLY REALLY well and getting movies on a yearly basis. >_>

More manga I like at the top for a week... Yay!
Need to catch up on it... >_>

Well nothing sells like One Piece manga wise lol. Detective Conan has a very loyal following though, and of course the anime tv show does amazing.

Blue Exorcist well over the half a million mark! Sadly Reborn isn't even close to that.
holanio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Yup, seeing a lot of manga I enjoy on the list 8D
Otomen, Seiyuu Ka-!, Kyo no Kira-kun, Ao Haru Ride (still up there!) and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

...looking forward to some licenses in the US now (like Seiyuu Ka and after Strobe Edge does its thing, Ao Haru Ride...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1