• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kenji Kamiyama's Full 009 RE:CYBORG Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The film will open simultaneously in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, and South Korea on October 27. The Facebook page for PH9 Global, the official account for director Kenji Kamiyama's titles, revealed that an English script for his upcoming 009 Re:Cyborg anime film is in development.

Gee, couldn't bother to write up an English ANYTHING script in time of the opening? Not even subtitles? They can do those countries easily, but English takes longer?

Betcha a fansub group will throw one out within HOURS of the films release.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Quote:
The film will open simultaneously in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, and South Korea on October 27. The Facebook page for PH9 Global, the official account for director Kenji Kamiyama's titles, revealed that an English script for his upcoming 009 Re:Cyborg anime film is in development.

Gee, couldn't bother to write up an English ANYTHING script in time of the opening? Not even subtitles? They can do those countries easily, but English takes longer?

The English script was revealed as being in development in May, so the script is not necessarily the reason why other countries will get the film later.

Last edited by Egan Loo on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
yamiangie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Quote:

yes because I so want to watch a fansub on top of something secretly recorded in a theater. That sounds like a formula for motion sickness.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote
This should be in the theater since it's built for theater.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:55 am Reply with quote
I'm sure the English script is already done if it's being shown Singapore.
Tochiro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:49 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
This should be in the theater since it's built for theater.

And thats exactly where I intend to see it on Oct 27 Smile
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:06 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Quote:

It's cause anime have more of a demand and more popular there.

If someone want to watch a bootleg cam shot of the movie, that's their choice but I can't stand the crappy moving and quality.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote
Not a fan of the the over use of CG that is obvious. Much like why I didn't care for the first Berserk movie.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:
Not a fan of the the over use of CG that is obvious.

Agreed. Though it might have been interesting if only the cyborgs had been done that way...robotic movements for robotic characters. Also, these character designs just aren't working for me. Too realistic to be Ishinomori characters, and too goofy to be realistic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1