• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Hayate the Combat Butler: Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
does this mean crunchyroll app is finally coming to the uk, woop!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Sweetage. This was definitely one of the titles I was looking forward to. And since it is not a fanservice title, I don't have to worry about CR's bullshit censoring.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Sweetage. This was definitely one of the titles I was looking forward to. And since it is not a fanservice title, I don't have to worry about CR's bullshit censoring.

CR doesn't censor anything. They run whatever feed the TV broadcast they get has. For shows with nudity and such, they only air uncensored on ATX... and ATX doesn't deal with Crunchy since they are a premium station.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Okay, but it doesn't change the fact that CR streams censored shows. Whether they do it themselves or the originating broadcaster means nothing to me. I know there was an uncensored version of So, I Can't Play H! available, for example, because I watched it on a fansub aggregator site rather than the censored crap on CR (until I got bored and dropped it).
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Okay, but it doesn't change the fact that CR streams censored shows. Whether they do it themselves or the originating broadcaster means nothing to me. I know there was an uncensored version of So, I Can't Play H! available because I watched it on a fansub aggregator site (until I got bored and dropped it).

You can't blame Crunchy for that, though. Dakara ONLY aired uncensored on AT-X, and AT-X is a premium station... Because of this, AT-X doesn't deal with streaming companies since the Japanese have to pay a monthly fee just to watch their channel, so they won't let their streams go on a foreign website. So Crunchys hands are tied... they either get the show censored, or don't show it at all.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's actually useful to know, thanks. Hey, Japanese broadcasters, stop butchering muh noodie toons!
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
the big head design still bother me
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Blood- wrote:

CR doesn't censor anything. They run whatever feed the TV broadcast they get has. For shows with nudity and such, they only air uncensored on ATX... and ATX doesn't deal with Crunchy since they are a premium station.

True, but TV-Tokyo owns AT-X and they are also a partner investing in CR, so it would be nice to also stream uncensored on CR for premium members. CR already streams 1 week later for AT-X shows and it's already region locked so premium members should get the at least get the 'premium' versions
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Okay, but it doesn't change the fact that CR streams censored shows. Whether they do it themselves or the originating broadcaster means nothing to me. I know there was an uncensored version of So, I Can't Play H! available, for example, because I watched it on a fansub aggregator site rather than the censored crap on CR (until I got bored and dropped it).

No one said they didn't, but you can't blame them for the censoring, since AFAIK CR has never censored anything that wasn't given to them that way.

Now, you can object to the JP TV stations censoring things, thats an entirely different issue, and one I'll agree with you on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1