• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Mystical Laws Anime Film Opens Simultaneously in U.S.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myaow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Wow, there are tears of reverence and joy streaming down my face right now. The trailer in this article is one of those things that just gets better and better with every second. I mean it. I can't even pick a favorite part. The CG cars... the Nazis... the CG dragons... the endless disaster shots... the CG crowds... it's all perfect. All of it.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering what was up with this when I saw the trailer on Escapist.

Now I know, It's a cult film.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote
What my friends and I found it strange and interesting is that the movie will premiere in Taiwan a whole day earlier than in Japan (as we only have one hour of time zone difference).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
digritz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I registered just to post this.
THIS SHIT SCARES ME!

I couldn't figure out why I'd never heard about this crap. Especially since it has the rare honer of a multi country release. Then I saw "rebirth of Buddha" and "Happy Science Religion"

It's been a long long.........long time since I was a kid but I can still remember how easy it is to influence a child. That is exactly what this movie is for. It makes sense that I have never heard of it before because they wanted to make dam sure they got it out before anyone could say "What the hell is this shit"? I have loved anime for well over 40 years and this is the first time I have ever felt that I want an anime to fail in a big way.

What the hell is next "New anime starring the voice talent of Tom Cruise"..........brought to you by the happy people of Scientology.......
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote
Happy Science isn't Aum Shinrikyo/Aleph or Scientology. It looks like the worst they've done is book the stadium the Ugandan Olympic qualifiers were supposed to take place at.
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote
So, I went and watched this with friends because a strange elderly man gave us free tickets...

spoiler[What a strange movie. Nicely animated, but wow. Very heavy-handed on the religion, which didn't really make any sense. It was a MESSY hodgepodge of Japanese and traditional Buddhism, with random Chinese elements mixed in and arbitrary beings from other planets, including random dinosaur aliens and gods ranging from Incan to Roman. I think the protagonist showed a bit of Jesus in him, too. The writing was hilariously bad, and it was just cheesy all the way through. It really is a great film to watch at a party or something, because toward the end most of the audience was laughing hysterically.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1