• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Stream - Space Case

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Glory to the Tari Tari master race! Laughing

Boy was that a great show. Good fun, good drama, and while nothing particularly came of it, I got the Taichi/Sawa ship teasing that I wanted Laughing

Quote:
Sword Art Online has been one of those shows where, if anyone breathes even a whisper of doubt about the central premise, thousands of fans will rush to its defense.

That's mostly because there's an explaination for everything. Why could they log out and get moved to hospitals? Because Kayaba allowed it, simple as that.

Quote:
In what is possibly the most trivial, hand-waving case of dealing with domestic abuse ever, Iori says, “Hey mom, he sucks!” And Mom says, “What? You don't like him?” and then pretty much tells him to never come back.

The moral here is that sometimes problems can be solved by something simple like talking about it. Iori thought that her mom being with some one would make her mom happy, and her mom thought that having a dad around would make Iori happy. So they both put up with it for the sake of the other until they learned that it wasn't necessary.

I like how Kokoro Connect resolves each arc differently. Not all of life's problems are resolved in over the top dramatic fashion.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
well give done summer anime watching yea all those i seen

tari tari - very good glee like slice of life anime.

Binbogami - kana hana's large playing against type in ways oh yes so ready for either s2 or dub really too mu ha ha ha to watch.

Oda Nobuna - give compare to other aka otome sengoku & sengoku collection yea give more action yet seem ok if door open for s2?

rest mention

muv luv - still watching give 24eps.

can't play H - bit fine can we crossover with DxD?

nakaimo - yea really we maury eps style on this yet worth some watch.

arcana - mam noto as mob's boss daughter hmm give decent.

rogue hero - where other anime you have main guy such a BOSS.

campione - sorta decent fine.

Natsuyuki - give ok fine drama sorts.

koi choco - please don't mix drama & conspiracy ever again on it.

dog days s2 - more characters & slice of life.

yuru yuri s2 - so wanting for s3 now.

but real show stealer is Humanity Has Declined really whole series oh my yes yes yes so wanting this to be dub the most.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Rankings For My Watched Anime - Summer 2012:
1. Humanity Has Declined
2. Sword Art Online
3. Kokoro Connect
4. Hyouka
5. Accel World
6. Space Brothers
7. Smile Precure
8. Hunter x Hunter
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

i don't know if i want to, since the History Major in me died a little when watching Sengoku otome

Sengoku Collection doesn't actually involve the Sengoku Period at all.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Moonsaber wrote:
Kokoro Connect isn't over yet, it's slotted for at least another episode, if not an entire season. I have no idea where it could go next and not seem tired, but you wrote it off as done. It's not. God help us.

The show is slated 17 episodes. It's TV run is done and the remaining 4 episodes are TBA for webstream. If they decide to skip that, it will be February 2013 or March 2013 at the earliest for the next newest episode.

Quote:

Sengoku Collection is clearly the best of the group though, but very different from the others.

Please tell me you're joking. I'd take Sengoku Otome and most definitely Oda Nobuna no Yabou over Sengoku Collection any day.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Sengoku Collection doesn't actually involve the Sengoku Period at all.

ok, i guess i'll give it a shot
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:

Please tell me you're joking. I'd take Sengoku Otome and most definitely Oda Nobuna no Yabou over Sengoku Collection any day.

Sengoku Collection is the far more interesting show of the trio, and while some episodes don't work as well as others it has some absolutely brilliant stuff in it, and the hands down single best episode of anything in at least the last year or so.

If you only only watched episode 1 of SenColle, you don't really get what the show is doing.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:37 pm Reply with quote
well yea i watch sengoku collection too give series full of loads & loads of characters each eps focus a day in a life on them.

give so many of it wonder if pull a s2 of it?
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Moonsaber wrote:
Kokoro Connect isn't over yet, it's slotted for at least another episode, if not an entire season. I have no idea where it could go next and not seem tired, but you wrote it off as done. It's not. God help us.

The show is slated 17 episodes. It's TV run is done and the remaining 4 episodes are TBA for webstream. If they decide to skip that, it will be February 2013 or March 2013 at the earliest for the next newest episode.

17, now that is the first I have heard that! Crunchyroll has a "Next up Episode 14" on my account, so I hope they will continue it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Well after reading this, I'm thinking of checking out Polar Bear Cafe now.

Also, definitely need a season 2 of Kuroko no Basket in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Humanity Has Declined was the standout of the season for me (other than Polar Bear's Cafe). Originality is one of the most enjoyable aspects of something for me, and if nothing else, it was quirky and unique. Its humor seemed to be directed right at me, and I loved every episode. I hope a second season comes along soon.
Utakoi was also enjoyable, although it was very melancholy. It ended on a strong note with a very appropriate story that wrapped everything up well.
I don't know why I finished Arcana Famiglia. It was a complete waste of time. The story was predictable, the characters facepalm inducing, and the pacing awful. It wasn't even an entertaining train wreck; it just wasn't any good.
I don't know what to think about Sword Art Online. It's got massive flaws, but it also does somethings very well. I probably continue watching it, but I won't be too disappointed if I have to drop it in favor of something else starting in fall.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
That's mostly because there's an explaination for everything. Why could they log out and get moved to hospitals? Because Kayaba allowed it, simple as that.

Considering he's just turned a game using totally new technology into a death game yeah it would have been nice if they had included his line in the novel where he says that their bodies will be taken care of. By this point yes, the viewer and characters assume that's what has happened but plenty of things that don't make sense appear in anime all the time.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote
My tops shows stayed Binbougami Ga and Uta Koi all the way to the end. Binbougami was incredibly brilliant in not taking itself too seriously and being aware of the kind of show it was, taking both to its advantage. Uta Koi was my sweet moment of the week, with its sad, melancholic tone. It was just pure beauty

I also loved the episode in Shirokuma Cafe of Polar Bear and Grizzly Bear meeting and becoming friends. I was squealing like an idiot all the way and Polar Bear is such an amazing character with his sarcastic humor and natural kindness. Also, everytime he brings up global warming my heart clenches ):

I also must say that, even if Asuna is becoming too perfect, I liked that she stood up and decided for herself to participate in the fight. I'm happy with the new direction the character is taking (even if the Mommy facet creeped the shit out of me) because she is acting like an independent woman who can make her own decisions instead of waiting home for her macho husband to come back from the fight. Also, the boss fight is looking pretty baddass and I'm enjoying the hell out of all that team fighting that's been amazing so far. I hope it continues down this route

Fencedude5609 wrote:
getchman wrote:
i watched sengoku otome and i'm still on the fence about it

I think if you combined Sengoku Otome with Oda Nobuna you could get a much stronger show in general.

Sengoku Collection is clearly the best of the group though, but very different from the others.

Le what? I didn't watch Oda Nobuna, but I did watch S-Otome which I kind of liked (in spite of the sheer stupidity of the fanservice yuri episode and the disaster they made with Date Masamune) because it brought some interesting things about Hideyoshi changing history (spoiler[like saving Nobunaga from Mitsuhide's betrayal]). On the other hand, I couldn't even watch past episode 10 of S-Collection. The characters were completely shallow, brought nothing to the table and were in no way related to their supposed historical counterparts. Honestly, I cringed all through the "Tokugawa becomes an idol" and have no idea of how I managed to go beyond that.
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm done with anime. Everything I ever wanted occurred at the end of Polar Bear Cafe.

Hunter x Hunter is still entertaining, and...that's really all I've got. Wish I had more to say, but I haven't had much time to follow anything this season.
otakunomike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote
For the Sword Art Online connundrum: yeah in the novel Kayaba's little speech in the beginning about the rules of dying is longer. The full conditions for death are die in the game; have someone attempt to remove the NerveGear from your head; be disconnected from a power source for more than 10 minutes; be disconnected from the internet for more than 2 hours. For wordiness sake its a little hard to slide something like that in considering how much other info he's already dumping but I suppose it would have cleared up a bit of the confusion. Really for a series based on a novel I'm surprised with how closely it follows the original story, a lot of times you lose little details in the translation that can really hurt the plot. The only major point that's lost here has to deal with the PKing guild Laughing Coffin, but that's not even too major of one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5