• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Are you two referring to a second season after the initial 25 episodes? You are aware that it's scheduled for an uninterrupted 25-episode run, right? The episode titles up through episode 17 are even in the series' Encyclopedia entry as of this moment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Are you two referring to a second season after the initial 25 episodes? You are aware that it's scheduled for an uninterrupted 25-episode run, right? The episode titles up through episode 17 are even in the series' Encyclopedia entry as of this moment.

well i am aware and i was assuming Zorgon knew that there were 25 episodes was well
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
To me knowing how they were moved seems to be of as much importance as: Find out the recipe of Akiko's jam, how is a Death Note and Shinigami made, how can someone play The World using a mobile phone, and what is the actual method for creating weapons in Angel Beats. All things relativly important to their plots and not explained, but would they count as plot holes?

they may important to you or many people, but they don't count as plot holes.

if the story flow is consistent with the main storyline, it's not a plot hole. Do you see any events that contradict earlier events in the anime that can't be explain? How Death Note is made has nothing to do with the the story itself. define physics and logic are not plot hole.
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote
Well, I DID know it was 25 episodes, but I thought we were higher in the count then 13. So, I'm assuming then that spoiler[This season will cover SOA and Fairy Dance]
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:03 am Reply with quote
Sorry folks but looks like Sony is pulling down all SAO next episode previews on youtube. So now you have to watch it on the official website

Here's the pv for the next episode, "The End of the World"

Last edited by MrTerrorist on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote
Well that's subtle.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:26 am Reply with quote
ZorgonXtreme wrote:
Well, I DID know it was 25 episodes, but I thought we were higher in the count then 13. So, I'm assuming then that spoiler[This season will cover SOA and Fairy Dance]

The listed title for episode 16 is spoiler[The Country of Fairies], so your assumption on the latter is probably correct.

And concerning the Next Episode preview: Is anyone else having trouble playing it? I'm hoping that it's just my heavily-restricted work computer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quote
It took a little while to get the video to play, but leaving it to play got it working. The preview had a bunch of scenes of people dyeing int the show, so the next episode seems to be spoiler[addressing the emotional issues that have happened with people dyeing in front of Kirito. Meeting the maker maybe?]. The name seems to imply they are comming to the end of completing the game, but I don't know.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

And concerning the Next Episode preview: Is anyone else having trouble playing it? I'm hoping that it's just my heavily-restricted work computer.

I was able to watch the video. It just loaded incredibly slow and was slightly choppy at first. To be honest, I don't know if I like what I see in the preview. It sort of looks like a set up for one of those "NOOOOO" moments where the hero gets all super traumatized and goes on some mindless rampage. This is a very VERY common trope in Anime, so it is hardly surprising if that's where they are going, but I think this trope has already been utilized too much in SAO with both Kirito and Asuna. I'd rather see a well orchestrated tactical battle at this point than another scene where Kirito gets super angry and loses all inhibitions and goes bat $%#@ crazy on the boss, totally obliterating it on his own.

As an MMO player myself, I know just how strategic most end game boss fights are. Often, such fights involve dozens of players each playing key roles in a strategy that can play out over 10+ minutes of execution. You almost never have a boss where the whole fight is just everyone slash it until it dies. And it is also never the case that one player just suddenly breaks off from the group and goes nuts on the boss. In most cases, such individual conduct would trigger some kind of trap or interrupt the strategy in some way which would bring about the deaths of everyone else.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote
yeah....you totally misread that preview.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:14 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Is it for reasons similar to what Asura stated to Kirito (that beyond a certain length of time, people's minds would begin to break down regardless of how much medical treatment they received)?

It's not a matter of people's minds would break down. The SAO players are essentially coma patients in a persistent vegetative state from the point of view of the real world. Googling "life expectancy of coma patient" turns up this on the first link:

Quote:
"Most patients in a persistent vegetative state die within 6 mo of the original brain damage. The cause is usually pulmonary infection, UTI, or multiple organ failure, or death may be sudden and of unknown cause. For most of the rest, life expectancy is about 2 to 5 yr; a few patients live for decades."

SAO players didn't suffer traumatic injury to put them in the state they're in, but many of those causes of death are complications related to being bed ridden and unconscious. Unconscious people can't complain that their chest hurts to provoke an X-ray that reveals pneumonia for example. So while they can live for quite a while in SAO, living to a ripe old age of 80+ is impossible. Lasting even 20 years without something going wrong and killing them is exceedingly optimistic.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
And it is also never the case that one player just suddenly breaks off from the group and goes nuts on the boss. In most cases, such individual conduct would trigger some kind of trap or interrupt the strategy in some way which would bring about the deaths of everyone else.

Leeeeeeeeeeerooooy Jenkinnnnns!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
To me knowing how they were moved seems to be of as much importance as: Find out the recipe of Akiko's jam, how is a Death Note and Shinigami made, how can someone play The World using a mobile phone, and what is the actual method for creating weapons in Angel Beats. All things relativly important to their plots and not explained, but would they count as plot holes?

they may important to you or many people, but they don't count as plot holes.

if the story flow is consistent with the main storyline, it's not a plot hole. Do you see any events that contradict earlier events in the anime that can't be explain? How Death Note is made has nothing to do with the the story itself. define physics and logic are not plot hole.

you completely misinterpreted what he said. he was stating that finding out how people were moved to hospitals is very low on the priority list, as is everything else he listed. Basically, they aren't that important
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
Key wrote:

I was able to watch the video. It just loaded incredibly slow and was slightly choppy at first. To be honest, I don't know if I like what I see in the preview. It sort of looks like a set up for one of those "NOOOOO" moments where the hero gets all super traumatized and goes on some mindless rampage. This is a very VERY common trope in Anime, so it is hardly surprising if that's where they are going, but I think this trope has already been utilized too much in SAO with both Kirito and Asuna. I'd rather see a well orchestrated tactical battle at this point than another scene where Kirito gets super angry and loses all inhibitions and goes bat $%#@ crazy on the boss, totally obliterating it on his own.

As an MMO player myself, I know just how strategic most end game boss fights are. Often, such fights involve dozens of players each playing key roles in a strategy that can play out over 10+ minutes of execution. You almost never have a boss where the whole fight is just everyone slash it until it dies. And it is also never the case that one player just suddenly breaks off from the group and goes nuts on the boss. In most cases, such individual conduct would trigger some kind of trap or interrupt the strategy in some way which would bring about the deaths of everyone else.

sure, it worked on Gleam Eyes and it was awesome, but i highly doubt he is going to be able to take on this boss alone no matter how angry he gets. The logical thing would be his anger and determination to defeat this boss will rally everyone else and some epic teamwork will take place.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
And it is also never the case that one player just suddenly breaks off from the group and goes nuts on the boss. In most cases, such individual conduct would trigger some kind of trap or interrupt the strategy in some way which would bring about the deaths of everyone else.

Leeeeeeeeeeerooooy Jenkinnnnns!

LoL. I was going to mention Leeeeroy Jenkins but I didn't know how many would get that reference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeroy_Jenkins
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 72 of 274