• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Adds Zero's Familiar Fantasy Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:06 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
superdry wrote:
adam_omega wrote:

Bookstores are selective about the manga they carry at is is. They definitely don't want light novels (especially ones that are 10+ or even 20+ novels long), so that rules out print.

Interesting that bookstores don't want light novels...never knew that (what's wrong putting them in the young adult section with other novels that cater to that crowd?). That really sucks and until ebooks become a easier/cheaper way to distribute, I guess light novels really won't really penetrate the US market.

It wouldn't surprise me that the anime-ish looking covers would have been misplaced in the manga section, despite its contents. In fact, I recall people on forums mentioning that this was happening to Spice and Wolf when it was first released.

depends on the store, one near me would actually display it like a normal new book, while another would just place it by the manga version.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:04 am Reply with quote
oh my aching wishlist.
adam_omega

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
P.S. thanks for answering adam. are the liscenses really that much cheaper for manga then the LN though, since isn't there a up frount liscensing cost for the novels

The problem isn't the licensing... it's the translation/rewrite/editing/layout fees. A single light novel can have production costs 3 to 4 times as much as a single volume of manga and the vast majority of light novels that have come out here have sold abysmally. There have been very few actual hits, making light novels the most loss-heavy type of material that any company can attempt releasing in today's post-Borders market.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote
osakaedo wrote:
Glad to see this title get transferred. This license was in limbo for a while after DrMaster shut down a while ago.

same here though what i hope is that shakugan no shana is able to continue as. I haven't heard anything from the manga after viz released vol 6.

HOWEVER , what i really really hope is that the manga versions for mahou shoujo lyrical nanoha gets released. not to mentioned kodomo no jikan as well. that would definitely make my day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ninjachad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
This is great news. I saw a OOP light novel (I believe?) on Amazon a couple of years ago, when I looked into it, and was sad to not be able to buy it. Even if it's the manga, I'll most likely buy it. Thanks Seven Seas! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2