• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Risque Comedy Anime To Love-Ru Darkness

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm a happy camper now... heh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeMaine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I know some time has passed, but I'm still hoping Sentai will also license the OVA.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Sentai sure has been acquiring lots of titles I'm interested in. Now if only they'd do something about their crap packaging.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
How can they air it at 9 PM EDT tonight when it doesn't air for 20 hours in Japan? That has to be a typo.
pokenar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
How can they air it at 9 PM EDT tonight when it doesn't air for 20 hours in Japan? That has to be a typo.

What are you talking about? it aired at 1 AM October 5th there from what i read, it is currently 5:48 AM in Japan.

anyways, I'm a bit surprised they already got it.
alamarco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
This is an instant get. I'm also hoping for the OVA's, but To LOVE-Ru Darkness is the best of To LOVE-Ru so I'm glad it's licensed.

I hope someone would license the manga. I'm sure the anime will be good, but I'd be heaven if the licensed the manga. Smile
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
pokenar wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

What are you talking about? it aired at 1 AM October 5th there from what i read, it is currently 5:48 AM in Japan.

http://countdown.mandragon.info/

Countdown, which I've never known to be wrong, has it airing in 19 hours. They always count the original airing station.

http://animecalendar.net/

This also has it airing on Saturday at 1 AM.

Plus, the biggest thing is that there are no raws out. A series as big as this would get raws out near instantly.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
pokenar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
pokenar wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

http://countdown.mandragon.info/

Countdown, which I've never known to be wrong, has it airing in 19 hours. They always count the original airing station.

http://animecalendar.net/

This also has it airing on Friday at midnight.

Plus, the biggest thing is that there are no raws out. A series as big as this would get raws out near instantly.

In any case if they licensed it then they already have all the raws, fully possible they are just streaming it on different days then Japan.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
If thats the case, its the first time I ever would have heard of an anime airing in America before Japan. Not that I'd call it impossible that it may be true, just I'd be very very surprised.
pokenar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
If thats the case, its the first time I ever would have heard of an anime airing in America before Japan. Not that I'd call it impossible that it may be true, just I'd be very very surprised.

I for one won't complain.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote
That's good and all, but I'll be waiting for the AT-X broadcast. I won't want Tien ruining more anime.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:43 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That's good and all, but I'll be waiting for the AT-X broadcast. I won't want Tien ruining more anime.

Well, yeah. Watching a show about cartoon boobs that doesn't show cartoon boobs is pointless.
pokenar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I have the motto one and it uncensored, I assume that since it is being streamed it will be uncensored, I could be wrong though, only a few hours and we will see.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
pokenar wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I have the motto one and it uncensored, I assume that since it is being streamed it will be uncensored, I could be wrong though, only a few hours and we will see.

Motto aired censored in the first airing, and we had to wait a week for the ATX airing to be uncensored. ATX generally uncensors its stuff since its a premium station. This being streamed shouldn't change anything, since the official site says its using the MX airing, not the ATX.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
pokenar wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

You have the DVD, correct? That's of course going to be uncensored, who would want to sell a censored product in America? That also aired on AT-X two years ago, which is the version anyone intrigued should want to watch. CR, Sentai, FUNi, whomever the licensee may be, are typically given censored versions for their streams, whereas AT-X is a premium channel on Japanese TV, so they can air uncensored materials if they've received them from the studio.

In this case, I'll absolutely be waiting for that second airing. There's no value in watching this series censored, just like reading the manga censored would be equally pointless.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3