• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Medaka Box Abnormal TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Given they streamed the first season, definitely not a surprise, and I can't say I'm not a little interested in this, but...

Now crunchyroll only has a single announcement left, and both Pyscho Pass and Robotics;Notes, my two most anticipated shows of the season, have yet to get a streaming announcement anywhere. Was really hoping crunchyroll would pick them both up. Hopefully they'll at least get one, and maybe Funimation can get the other for it's (not quite) simulcast.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
UK residents (and many others) can't watch it legally...
And so my piracy of this work continues... >_>

Glad they are at least bringing it around I guess, more people to chat to about the work. IIRC, they got the show a week after it started the first season last time.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
but...

Now crunchyroll only has a single announcement left,

Those slots haven't been an accurate reflection of how many shows CR get per season since.... ever? They go up and down, at least once I think they even had a slot open before announcing they were done- and the slot disappeared. Both shows still have possibilities to be picked up by CR... and then there's Funimation. they have Steins; Gate, a decent relationship with noitaminA and an irritating practice of announcing a stream a week after it premieres, and starting their own stream about 3 weeks later.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
They go up and down, at least once I think they even had a slot open before announcing they were done- and the slot disappeared.

Indeed once, long ago, the number of boxes decreased. That is the reason that CR is rather conservative with the boxes, and they now represent agreements that are in place (although details such as regions and premiere date may still be open for negotiation).

It is for that very reason that they shouldn't be counted out until they fill the final box and don't add another one.

For the record, CR didn't announce their final 2 titles for this past summer season until July 18. There have also been at least two seasons in the past where they added a series as late as 6-7 weeks into the season.

EDIT:

Crunchyroll now has two additional "?" boxes on their lineup page.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am Reply with quote
I was pretty excited about this season, but not so much anymore.

Crunchyroll's lineup, while full of titles, are not the ones people have been wanting.

As for myself, I may try out 3 or 4 of the new titles, but only one title of my "most anticipated" is actually listed. Kind of disappointing so far.

Sad bummer.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:51 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I was pretty excited about this season, but not so much anymore.

Crunchyroll's lineup, while full of titles, are not the ones people have been wanting.

As for myself, I may try out 3 or 4 of the new titles, but only one title of my "most anticipated" is actually listed. Kind of disappointing so far.

Sad bummer.

How many of your "most anticipated" titles have yet to even air?

Yeah, I guess nobody was really wanting Magi. Smile
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote
SO this is region locked?

Maybe there is a good reason for region locking...

Nah, both region locking and this series suck.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1