• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Reissues Original Inuyasha Series on DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Well Final Act is coming out, so it makes perfect sense.
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
I've heard some comments from people about Funimation as well. They seem to have rescued a lot of licenses lately, and I guess I should be really happy. It's nice to see that they have an eye for business with these license pickups. Since they have streamed a lot of their other content online, it'd be nice if they put Ranma 1/2 up on Hulu if they did indeed rescue the series. I'll be honest, though, and say that I've read much more of the manga of that one than seen the anime.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:50 am Reply with quote
vashna wrote:
I've heard some comments from people about Funimation as well. They seem to have rescued a lot of licenses lately, and I guess I should be really happy. It's nice to see that they have an eye for business with these license pickups. Since they have streamed a lot of their other content online, it'd be nice if they put Ranma 1/2 up on Hulu if they did indeed rescue the series. I'll be honest, though, and say that I've read much more of the manga of that one than seen the anime.

I honestly want Media Blasters to recuse Ranma 1/2, they could use it more then Funimation. And it's older title like Fushigi Yugi, so I doubt the license would cost a whole lot.
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:02 am Reply with quote
Very true I haven't heard anything out of Media Blasters for a long time so I'd have to agree that they could use the title. Do they still have the license for Rurouni Kenshin? If so, it'd fit nice with the little collection of 90s titles that they have going.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:06 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Well, FUNimation has mentioned that they would be interested in Ranma if Viz didn't have it. If the license is indeed expiring, there's at least that.

Well I won't be surprised if Ranma ends up like Yawara, in limbo not just because of length but because of the Kitty Films fiasco.
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
Does this mean that some songs won't be on these new sets? I downloaded the first episode of Inuyasha off of itunes because it was free and "I want to change the world" was replaced by one of the shows general battle tunes.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Ichigo77 wrote:
Does this mean that some songs won't be on these new sets? I downloaded the first episode of Inuyasha off of itunes because it was free and "I want to change the world" was replaced by one of the shows general battle tunes.

No, it would still be the same, they're just reprinting the series into smaller cases. So, same anime, just allows more shelf space.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Takuku wrote:
TopGunman wrote:
I hope the UK releases get the same treatment because if you buy the first DVD set, a couple of the episodes are screwed up. The picture and the audio doesn't sync properly.

What UK releases are you referring to? From what it looks like, they're not reprinting due to screw ups with the releases.

The only UK release I know is the one with the mentioned problem on the first volume. I bought it and it was sooooooo annoying that I had to download the episode from an American (ripping from the DVD and adjusting it myself would have taken way too long).
Takuku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:15 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Takuku wrote:
TopGunman wrote:
I hope the UK releases get the same treatment because if you buy the first DVD set, a couple of the episodes are screwed up. The picture and the audio doesn't sync properly.

What UK releases are you referring to? From what it looks like, they're not reprinting due to screw ups with the releases.

The only UK release I know is the one with the mentioned problem on the first volume. I bought it and it was sooooooo annoying that I had to download the episode from an American (ripping from the DVD and adjusting it myself would have taken way too long).

Viz never released it in the UK from the looks of things, Amazon have it marked as Fremantle. Do they even do Anime releases anymore? I doubt the UK would see a reprint done unless Kaze licenses it.
AtaruLum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
Catseyetiger wrote:
I own the first four seasons of the edited copies of Inuyasha.

I had never heard of editing in Inuyasha.
What was edited?

Viz license the edited version of episode 21 and 22, so there is over 3 minutes missing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3