• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Anime Network Removes 1st To Love-Ru Darkness Episode

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Tell me again how this makes it okay to call names?

I called Rai a douchebag because in my opinion that's how he acted when he arrogantly shot down a concerned user who was just trying to help him.

Hell's bells, given how much of a fuss you are kicking up about this, you're making it sound like I implied that his mother was not married to his father, or that he eats foetuses coated with faeces for breakfast. But I only called him a douchebag, with quite a bit of justification I might add (given his reply to TheAncientOne). That hardly warrants you getting your knickers in a twist. You don't even know Rai, so why are you so obsessed with defending him?

Where are you reading arrogance into his response? He simply responded to a concern that was posted. Would it have been better for you if he had posted pictures of flowers and puppies, or posted a video of the conversation he had with his higher ups? What exactly are you looking for and what is that bothered you so much about his response? Whatever it is, I just don't see it. There was no justification in your childish name-calling no matter how you want to reassure yourself. I'm sorry, there is no excuse for acting like an eight year old over a TV show.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking for a response like:

"Hi TheAncientOne,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You are correct in that there's a potential problem with the scheduling. TAN will look into it.

Cheers
Rai
"

There. It doesn't have to get into details. All it needs to do is acknowledge that a potential problem might exist or does exist and promise that the company (in this case TAN) will look into it. It's customer relations 101.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:

Where are you reading arrogance into his response? He simply responded to a concern that was posted.

His message could be easily read as "You must be mistaken, we know what we are doing".

Frankly, more like hubris than arrogance.

dragonrider_cody wrote:

Other than saying "He should have checked with is bosses", which you have no proof that he didn't, you have provided no ways in which the situation could have been handled better. Even if he had checked the Japanese schedule and seen that their simulcast was ahead of the Japanese airing, but was still told to do so, would the situation have played out any differently? No, it wouldn't have. We don't know that a higher up would have told him not to upload the episode.

Did you even bother to read the example situation I posted earlier? It gave a good example of how the situation could be handled better. I also gave a good example of how the situation could be handled better in my last reply (actually checking and confirming the time of the first broadcast in Japan, and then taking action based on that information).

Get this straight: He should have first checked the time of the first broadcast in Japan.

Checking with someone further up the command chain (assuming he had no authority to delay the simulcast himself) would be the second thing to do.

You keep saying I have no evidence he didn't do these things, yet there are no indications to support that he did, yet there are indications I have previously discussed that support that he didn't, including:

His only reply to me made it clear he believed I was in error about the first broadcast in Japan being after their scheduled simulcast of the first episode. There was no later response acknowledging that we (as The Coffee God weighed in as well) were indeed correct, as one could reasonably expect if he had actually bothered to check.

Even assuming he later checked and found out I was correct, and then informed his boss, and was still instructed to proceed as planned (which you assert could have happened), an intelligent person would have posted a reply like, "I relayed this information, but was instructed to proceed with the simulcast as scheduled", if for no other reason than to publicly cover his own posterior. As I pointed out in my earlier reply, if the information about it being before the first broadcast in Japan was relayed to someone in higher authority, and they stated to proceed as planned knowing this, then they were even more at fault than he. (I wouldn't have to bother repeating these points if you would actually pay attention to them before replying).
TnKtRk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Man, poor horsie...all he wants is to die in peace...

Can't someone please think of the horsies? Sad
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:

Where are you reading arrogance into his response? He simply responded to a concern that was posted.

His message could be easily read as "You must be mistaken, we know what we are doing".

Frankly, more like hubris than arrogance.

dragonrider_cody wrote:

Other than saying "He should have checked with is bosses", which you have no proof that he didn't, you have provided no ways in which the situation could have been handled better. Even if he had checked the Japanese schedule and seen that their simulcast was ahead of the Japanese airing, but was still told to do so, would the situation have played out any differently? No, it wouldn't have. We don't know that a higher up would have told him not to upload the episode.

Did you even bother to read the example situation I posted earlier? It gave a good example of how the situation could be handled better. I also gave a good example of how the situation could be handled better in my last reply (actually checking and confirming the time of the first broadcast in Japan, and then taking action based on that information).

Get this straight: He should have first checked the time of the first broadcast in Japan.

Checking with someone further up the command chain (assuming he had no authority to delay the simulcast himself) would be the second thing to do.

You keep saying I have no evidence he didn't do these things, yet there are no indications to support that he did, yet there are indications I have previously discussed that support that he didn't, including:

His only reply to me made it clear he believed I was in error about the first broadcast in Japan being after their scheduled simulcast of the first episode. There was no later response acknowledging that we (as The Coffee God weighed in as well) were indeed correct, as one could reasonably expect if he had actually bothered to check.

Even assuming he later checked and found out I was correct, and then informed his boss, and was still instructed to proceed as planned (which you assert could have happened), an intelligent person would have posted a reply like, "I relayed this information, but was instructed to proceed with the simulcast as scheduled", if for no other reason than to publicly cover his own posterior. As I pointed out in my earlier reply, if the information about it being before the first broadcast in Japan was relayed to someone in higher authority, and they stated to proceed as planned knowing this, then they were even more at fault than he. (I wouldn't have to bother repeating these points if you would actually pay attention to them before replying).

I read your points and I understood them. But you completely glossed over and ignored the one I made in the first place that you replied to. Once again I will ask, what about any of this makes it okay to resort to name calling? You have yet to answer that question, despite it being asked several times. Are you incapable of answering a simple question?

Rai as answered you question as it was posted. He was under no obligation to give your additional information that you didn't ask for. He is under no obligation to post every bit of information he receives from his bosses regarding the stream. Rai is also not the type to post a reply stating that he went to his bosses but they made the call and its entirely their fault. Also, most companies aren't going to consider an online forum post to be "covering your ass".

Since you originally attacked me over my reply to dtm, whose post I believed was way over the top and uncalled for, you could at least attempt to stick to the topic and explain why you felt that name calling was acceptable in this situation.

Last edited by dragonrider_cody on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:33 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Since you originally attacked me over my reply to dtm, whose post I believed way way over the top and uncalled for, you could at least attempt to stick to the topic and explain why you felt that name calling was acceptable in this situation.

The only person who thinks that the topic under discussion is me calling Rai a douchebag is you.

What is actually important is what Rai - and TAN in general - could have and should have done once they had been warned.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:33 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I'm looking for a response like:

"Hi TheAncientOne,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You are correct in that there's a potential problem with the scheduling. TAN will look into it.

Cheers
Rai
"

There. It doesn't have to get into details. All it needs to do is acknowledge that a potential problem might exist or does exist and promise that the company (in this case TAN) will look into it. It's customer relations 101.

And not getting a response scripted exactly the way you want excuses you acting like a child how????

Even if he had posted exactly what you wanted, you would have probably accused him of lying about it anyway. So once again, little purpose would have been served.

Last edited by dragonrider_cody on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Since you originally attacked me over my reply to dtm, whose post I believed way way over the top and uncalled for, you could at least attempt to stick to the topic and explain why you felt that name calling was acceptable in this situation.

The only person who thinks that the topic under discussion is me calling Rai a douchebag is you.

What is actually important is what Rai - and TAN in general - could have and should have done once they had been warned.

That was why I responded to your post in the first bad. Your post was childish, immature, and petty. You clearly showed that you lack the ability to make a coherent argument.

And yet no one has has shown any proof over what happened one way or the other, besides one post that only two people are overly reading arrogance or hubris into. You'll have to do better than that.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Well dragonrider_cody, it looks like you are simply reading what you want to in our posts rather than what we actually wrote. TheAncientOne has already explained why the fact that we don't know exactly what happened does not excuse Rai's response and inaction.

If you want to keep on trolling the tread then don't let me stop you. But I won't be a part of it any longer. Especially not with you throwing a tantrum, calling me names and accusing me of not being able to make a coherent argument. You say I'm acting like a child, yet have you looked in a mirror lately? You're nothing but a hypocrite, committing the exact crimes you accuse others of making.

Grow up.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Stop the excessive quoting. Put "@user" or simply quote the most relevant parts, not the whole damn thing.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
But you completely glossed over and ignored the one I made in the first place that you replied to. Once again I will ask, what about any of this makes it okay to resort to name calling? You have yet to answer that question, despite it being asked several times. Are you incapable of answering a simple question?

I completely ignored it because I never addressed it in my original reply to you. It was you that kept trying to pull it into the discussion.

Quote:
Since you originally attacked me over my reply to dtm,...

In my original reply to you, I posted my disagreement with the "Rai only does what the higher ups tell him" line of reasoning you were using and gave an example using another situation. If you consider that as being "attacked", you apparently have a persecution complex.
Takuku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quote
The first episode of TLR: Darkness is now up on Anime On Demand's site.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5