• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Anti-Sale Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stepppingoui

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Reseller M and N Media has "Giant Robo complete collection premium eyeball limited edition box set" for $100,025.48 plus $2.98 shipping brand new or you can pick up the used version for the same price from the same seller. Question

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000BDH6EO/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_new?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&condition=new&me=&qid=&seller=&sr=
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote
It has been a while since we have seen a "sale" but I have one for the ages.

Are you bummed out that you missed out on Oreimo Limited Edition? Fear not, I have uncovered the deal of the year for you.

For the low, low price of $9000, you heard right, $9000, you can finally add Oreimo LE to your collection. Buyer pays $3 shipping to own a brand new copy of this OOP limited edition.

For you bargain hunters out there, there is a used copy of Oreimo LE available for the low, low price of $450. Buyer also pays $3 shipping for this OOP limited edition.
jlaking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Escaflowne is $200? LOL. It's $29.99 and in stock at rightstuf. Don't support this f*cking farce.
Altacia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I'll never buy anything from RACs due to his BS Pricing.

Mad

Escaflowne was crazy high there even a couple weeks ago.

Last edited by Altacia on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I've bought from RACS twice when TRSI was out of stock on some things and to be honest, when I see things like that over and over, I don't think I can shop from there ever again :/ I can't support that sort of thing. I mean, unless they actually BOUGHT the items at a huge markup already if it was a super rare OOP item to begin with, then sure, I can see it being high. But something that is technically still in stock and at a markup of what is basically a clearance item? Then no... Not ever... I cannot think of ANY other online or offline store that also does this practice :/

Last edited by Sheleigha on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
zrdb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote
I think RACS stands for Ripoff Anime Cutthroat Shop.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:30 am Reply with quote
$200 for Escaflowne? Shocked Are there actually people out there that pay these ridiculous prices?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:22 am Reply with quote
Sadly, the answer is probably yes.
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Sadly, the answer is probably yes.

Sadly uninformed consumers keep companies like them in business.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
supercreep

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
I've bought from RACS twice when TRSI was out of stock on some things and to be honest, when I see things like that over and over, I don't think I can shop from there ever again :/ I can't support that sort of thing. I mean, unless they actually BOUGHT the items at a huge markup already if it was a super rare OOP item to begin with, then sure, I can see it being high. But something that is technically still in stock and at a markup of what is basically a clearance item? Then no... Not ever... I cannot think of ANY other online or offline store that also does this practice :/

Just don't bring it on with him or he'll yell at you on Facebook.
murph76

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I give RACS credit for having Clamp School Detectives -- a title I thought was long out-of-print and expensive -- in stock at a good price when I bought it in September. I spent $45 for it, including shipping. By the time I decided to shop for the series, it had disappeared from every other retailer I tried and was (and still is) listed anywhere from $95 to $999 on Amazon marketplace. I checked out RACS, thinking Robert already would have marked it up, but he hadn't. I placed my order thinking he wouldn't be able to fill it, since no one else seemed to have it, but he did. For this one particular title, his new price seems in line with what Amazon and eBay sellers are asking. But yeah, I won't pay those prices when RightStuf or Amazon has the product for less.
jlaking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Since it was announced RK is OOP, had to check out RACS prices:

Rurouni Kenshin TV Series Season 1-3 Complete Collection $488.98
zrdb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
I give RACS credit for having Clamp School Detectives -- a title I thought was long out-of-print and expensive -- in stock at a good price when I bought it in September. I spent $45 for it, including shipping. By the time I decided to shop for the series, it had disappeared from every other retailer I tried and was (and still is) listed anywhere from $95 to $999 on Amazon marketplace. I checked out RACS, thinking Robert already would have marked it up, but he hadn't. I placed my order thinking he wouldn't be able to fill it, since no one else seemed to have it, but he did. For this one particular title, his new price seems in line with what Amazon and eBay sellers are asking. But yeah, I won't pay those prices when RightStuf or Amazon has the product for less.

Yeah-it was the same for me-that's the 1st (and probally last) time I'll ever buy anything from there.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
Darn, I'm sad I missed out on the $45 price before everyone started hyping it up. X.x CLAMP School Detectives is one of the few Bandai titles on my list of "must haves" but it was low on my list since I figured it was going to be around for awhile (despite being CLAMP, it's a bit old, niche, and not as popular as titles like Code Geass or Eureka Seven). But of course, that had to be one of the first titles to go OOP and highly unlikely to get picked up again compared to the other two I mentioned.

Ah well. I supposed it just wasn't meant to be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 33