• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
K (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quote
That blonde...okay, I saw his head in the group shot in the anime reviews...does he look like Shizuo (Durarara) to anyone else?
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:33 am Reply with quote
I seriously thought that's who he was until my brain turned back on and corrected me.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:54 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

EDIT 6: If you were to create a special "learning" computer program and then you showed it thousands of anime and then, you took that program and you gave it the ability to communicate and then you told it to write an anime...you would get K. In fact. I'm not sure there is any other way you could get K. So yeah. Congratualtions GoHands on your radical (if unsuccessful) attempt at advancing the field of artificial intelligence.

I think this part of ikillchicken's post in the preview thread sums up my issues with K, though I'm not quite as harsh on it as him. But I got that same feeling, though I didn't come up with such a great way to explain it.

Still, K was pretty to look at at least. And I did like the over the top nature of the guy who used his cigarette to create fireballs. I'll definitely give it one more episode at least, because for whatever reason this series looks like it could be a lot of fun to watch despite (or maybe because of) the fact that it also looks like it will be pretty bad.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quote
ZorgonXtreme wrote:
I seriously thought that's who he was until my brain turned back on and corrected me.

Pic Ok, so I wasn't crazy when I thought it looked like a younger Shizuo...making sure. Not really sure what he's wearing...hopefully not a bartender outfit.[/url]
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:56 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
ZorgonXtreme wrote:

[url=[/url] Ok, so I wasn't crazy when I thought it looked like a younger Shizuo...making sure. Not really sure what he's wearing...hopefully not a bartender outfit.[/url]

It's not really a spoiler as to what he's wearing in the episode, but to be safe...

spoiler[He's wearing a white dress shirt and some slacks, a la Shizuo. All that's missing is the vest. I wonder why they put an almost carbon-copy in this show.] I dunno the credits. Is it made by the same people?
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote
ZorgonXtreme wrote:
Is it made by the same people?

The ANN page didn't say it was from the same studio or direcrted by the same person...and I know it's not written by the guy that did Durarara. Though...Daisuke Ono is voicing in it, he was the same man that did Shizuo. Not sure who Kuroh Yatogami is, but that's who he voices.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
i really have no idea what the hell just happened, but it looked cool. the classmate trying to give him veggies was interesting.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Is this show actually bad or is everyone shitting on it just because it's aimed at girls?

It'll be a few days before I can see the first episode. It sounds cool, though, from the things I've heard. I hope there's some yaoi subtext~
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Is this show actually bad or is everyone shitting on it just because it's aimed at girls?

It'll be a few days before I can see the first episode. It sounds cool, though, from the things I've heard. I hope there's some yaoi subtext~

well Changen, the very adorkable, bishonen lead(?) blushes when a another random tall bishonen grabs hold of him in order to escape from danger.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

The first episode was very focused on style and coolness, so much that it seems forced to some people. There did not seem to be much substance either. One could almost predict it being the next Guilty Crown should the rest of the series be similar to the first episode, in terms of how much interest was behind it before it aired and the disastrous plot people found while watching the pretty colors and motions.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

This is aimed towards females??? *check wiki*...ok, so it does indeed say shojo on the page.

Is the lead a male or female? I'm just asking because I can't watch this, not unless Viz plans to dub and release it (I see that it's licensed by them)
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:50 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't say this show is animed at girls. I'd say it's aimed at everyone.
-Lost of bishounen and plenty of slashability for the women/fujoshi.
-Random naked cat girl and gothic loli for the otaku.
-A bunch of superpowered action for shounen fans.
This show seems like it has been carefully designed to strike a chord with almost all of the major anime fan groups.

Although I must say, while I've poked a lot of fun at it (and rightfully so) I don't actually hate this show. It's so ridiculous that I actually kinda liked it. And without a doubt, it looks great and has some extremely sleek and catchy action sequences. So long as they don't get too bogged down in either story or slice of life I could see watching more of this.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
This show seems like it has been carefully designed to strike a chord with almost all of the major anime fan groups.

You'd be surprised how many guys will not watch a series because of little undertone. I think a bunch of guys won't watch No.6 because they find that the 2 leads kiss. Their loss if they have a little thing like that stop them from watching a good series.

But you list it off...reminds me of the Tiger & Bunny, like the director worked in a lot of stuff (from what I've heard). And he was going to make the leads a couple, but went against it because of the sponsor reaction with the gay guy. Is the world really not really for gay leads?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:46 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

There's something that seems like the producers are "throwing a bone" towards the otaku that bothers me. I will understand if their original intention was aiming towards fangirls. But to have them just these few token female characters for the otaku to ogle at while the fangirls have more to choose from feels unbalanced. Then again most guys tend not to notice the frequency.
Ausdoerrt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:32 am Reply with quote
I kind of agree with ikillchicken. Unless the show begins diving deep into bromance, it's "bishounen" rather than "shoujo". It seems to share more similarities with shounen action than any number of shoujo series. It's basically the same design as Weiss Kreuz or Tsubasa Chronicle.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 16