• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oreimo's 2nd Season Animated by A-1 for Next April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
Changing studio is always risky. So far most of the anime series which were later returned by another studio didn't impress me. Like how they did with Gunslinger Girl, Yozakura Quartet, and Hayate. But there is always an exception. I like FMP done by KyoAni.
And the choice of studio is pretty excellent IMHO. Especially they stated that they will keep the old staff.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
Whatever it takes to get me more Oreimo is fine by me. Smile
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
Changing studio is always risky. So far most of the anime series which were later returned by another studio didn't impress me. Like how they did with Gunslinger Girl, Yozakura Quartet, and Hayate. But there is always an exception. I like FMP done by KyoAni.
And the choice of studio is pretty excellent IMHO. Especially they stated that they will keep the old staff.

A-1 is Aniplexs pet studio, so it should be fine. They'll make sure that A-1 has the budget and staff needed to do it right.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote
This isn't the first time A-1's taken over for another studio. They did fine with Strike Witches, I'm sure they'll do fine here.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
This isn't the first time A-1's taken over for another studio. They did fine with Strike Witches, I'm sure they'll do fine here.

I thought Strike Witches' first season was way better tbh.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Actually I'm an idiot. Strike Witches 2 was also AIC...

Well the two studios have a similar enough visual style that I confuse them so I at least won't notice the difference Laughing
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Given the way the novels went i'm not particularly excited for this series. I loved the first but while i'm sure i will watch the second season i'm just not anticipating much
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I guess with AIC Build working on the second season of Haganai, they needed to be free for that.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I would prefer the original members to work on the 2nd but they are both good studios. I am also waiting on the second season of Haganai. April feels so far away now...

the PSP game stories were very satisfying and kept the series alive.
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
A-1 Pictures is current favorite studio because of Working, and Tsuritama, the last few Noitamina shows they've done!

This show will look way better than the first season if they give it the special treatment like they did with Ano Hana and Working!!'.

More Kuroneko and otaku stuff FTW!
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:

For me switching from Daume for Minami-ke to asread for all the sequels was a BIG change for the worse, (the humor just wasn't there, which could be because of the directional change, idk). Hopefully this won't happen in this case.
Amutofan123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I had almost forgotten that this was getting a second season. Well, I'm looking forward to it!
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I was going to ask what was left for them to parody since they hit on all the parts of anime cluture really. and as it is I kept thinking the first season was going to explode upon seeing the next episode preview for episodes 3-11, and I hated episode 11 and the bad end episode 12 was not good really

I love the anime series but that is because it stayed focus on paroding anime cluture, if it starts act serious then a majority of the time it falls on it's head it feels like. also the ova provided a great ending to the series I think. I don't see what good material they could have left so I am staying with my copy of the first season and just happy with that.
Banken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:21 am Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
Like how they did with Gunslinger Girl.

Which was so off-putting compared to the original that I couldn't stand to watch past the first episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1