• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's your favorite anime/Japanese music and why?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon182

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I like the music from Garden of Sinners. I enjoy the orchestral quality of the music, as well as the use of vocals. I think that the music complements the themes of the films that they are associated with.
I especially like "Sprinter" as the tempo and rhythm seem to match the lyrics.
AnneSofieLovesAnime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: Put reasons. -TK]
Gwynn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:46 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: Put a reason. -TK]
jaydeepbiswas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:53 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: Reason. -TK]
theshadowboss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote
My personal favorite anime soundtracks are Cowboy Bebop, like everyone else, Lupin III A Woman called Fujiko Mine tv soundtrack (which I have yet to have found anywhere), Samurai Champloo, Riding Bean, and Redline. These are all great, but for japanese music, I listen to Perfume. I listen to quite a bit, and these girls are my favorite. Their songs are mostly upbeat electro, with vocals autotuned to hell (but really, who isn't these days). There songs feature some "engrish" which I know some people find annoying, but I still love them to death.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I am currently listening to Zone's Secret Base, I believed this is the ED song for Anohana.. I can't seem to stop listening to it, its nostalgic and sad all at the same time. I just love it.

I've been listening to Chata's songs before. I used to play her Nagareboshi's song nonstop before I came across Secret Base. I also have been listening to this one particular song of hers I don't know whats the title I just found it on youtube and its something like Trip by the Sea the piano piece in it is a fantasy!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mjack_15980

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:59 am Reply with quote
the soundtracks for angel beats! and CLANNAD, just because they are so emotional and sad Crying or Very sad
Set1229

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote
I really like Megumi Hayashibara's Infinity from Lost Universe, because it is a very comforting/energetic tune that snaps me out of a bad mood.
SuperVegetto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:28 am Reply with quote
The ones made by Susumu Hirasawa, because he's the best, not only is he great at composing, even in weird ways, he has a huge weird imagination and his works are soulful, the only musician which I can identify, as when I hear a work he made and it's otherworldly, it couldn't have been anyone but him who made it.
MrDandi97

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I like all songs from GRANRODEO.Those and Death Note OP.1 and ED.2.I don't know why i just like J-rock and the rhythm of the songs.Forgot to say this but i also like all songs from Hironobu Kageyama.He's just a legend.
RichardFromMarple

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei has some very good music both the many theme songs & the score captures the mood of the show well.

while not featuring much in the actual show, the character album is a very good listen. Each song manages to fit the personality of the character, helped by the fact that the original performers are singing.
lunamaria87

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote
My favorite Japanese music as of lately has been anything by Koda Kumi and Ayumi Hamasaki. I've been addicted to them as of lately!They're music has such a variety. And I also enjoy listening to their old music then comparing it to how it is now. Its so interesting to see the change.

I also love Japanese indie artists such as Hiromi (aka Rainbow), May J., and MiChi. They are so underrated but so talented! Its amazing how powerful their voices and music are
thebeats42

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote
Chou - Amano Tsukiko.
I first heard this from the game Fatal Frame. I don't really know why but I just got suddenly attracted to this song. I always play it on repeat whenever I read manga.
rumblingtwist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:46 am Reply with quote
Hi, I am really not too familiar with Japanese anime music but since I came across with this, I tried to search and listened. I think, for me ,Hakuouki OP songs are pretty good music as well:)
Laily Long

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Hmm,I love all the songs in Inuyasha, since i saw it, the songs are in my phone for all my school life.
Every Heart, it has Japenese version and English version, the are make me so relax;
Derest, Ayumi's voice is so nice;
And also some light music, the melody is so beautiful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5