• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madhouse, Marvel Team Up Again for New Iron Man: Rise of Technovore Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacred Blood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh please not this abomination again. Werent the live action films and the 4 series enough to prove to the world the cheese you were capable of making.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Even better would be to have comic book writers write these.

You mean like the last Marvel 'anime'?

I think that was the problem.

Um, no Warren Ellis wasn't responsible for the scripts for any of those.. Just some initial outlines.

Warren Ellis is a Comic Book writer, not a telvision writer, they require different skill sets and not all T.V. writers can do comics and visa versa. (Don't get me wrong, guy's one of my favorite authors and Transmetropolitan is one of my all time favorite graphic novels).

You need people who can write for the medium you're adapting it too, and have the history of the characters. Sort of like the Marvel movies are very clearly adapting the comic stories to fit into the new media.

Good to see Madhouse getting some of that sweet, sweet Disney money though. I for one am all for these contiuing to be made even if they are all awful because at least there will be some decent money being paid to the stuidos who work with Disney. [/i]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
If they don't use CG Iron Man it'll definitely be better than the TV series.

Still, I'd rather have a sequel to X-Men.
Eivion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Shenl742 wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Even better would be to have comic book writers write these.

You mean like the last Marvel 'anime'?

I think that was the problem.

Um, no Warren Ellis wasn't responsible for the scripts for any of those.. Just some initial outlines.

The Wolverine anime was based on a miniseries from Frank friggin Miller and it still came out awful. So color me worried.

That was more because they tried to drag out a 4-issue comic out into a 12 episode series.

This could be decent since its a movie. They won't be able to drag out the plot too much, and they shouldn't have to use cheap CG. The Punisher seems like an odd inclusion though. I'm cautiously optimistic after the disappointment from the previous Marvel anime.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Only starring Storm, I'd watch the hell out of that. I tried out two of the Marvel anime, and apparently Iron Man and X-Men were the best of the bunch, but still only mediocre.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Based on the image and the plot, looks like it could be better than the TV show, which was just alright. I think Adrian Pasdar coming back as Stark would be welcome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Eivion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Only starring Storm, I'd watch the hell out of that. I tried out two of the Marvel anime, and apparently Iron Man and X-Men were the best of the bunch, but still only mediocre.

I thought it was a toss-up between Iron Man and Wolverine for the worst of the Marvel anime. X-men was average. I actually thought Blade was the best of the shows, it just seemed to also have the least in the animation budget.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
lostrune wrote:
Because the first set of shows did so well and were loved by so many people Laughing

Indeed . Cool

Seriously people can say all the negative stuff about the MarvelXMadhouse Anime series they want, but they did at the very least have quality animation, and heck arguably better then other titles that Japan pumps out these days. But hey to each their own.

Edit

@Wal: Yes, Storm does indeed need her own anime *giggity* But in all seriousness that could be a pretty interesting show, maybe a series about her growing up all the way to her early years in the X-Men. Would never happen, but hey a guy can dream.

I myself would also love to see a Ghost Rider anime, but meh, guess ol flameheads movies didn't do well enough to ever see that happen. Le sigh.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Im getting really sick of iron dumb ass man
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I actually thought Blade was the least of the four, and X-men was the best. The second was Iron Man.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
@Wal: Yes, Storm does indeed need her own anime *giggity* But in all seriousness that could be a pretty interesting show, maybe a series about her growing up all the way to her early years in the X-Men. Would never happen, but hey a guy can dream.

It could just be about her sitting around and eating chips or doing grocery shopping, it'd still be more entertaining.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
This is very interesting. So this is technically The Avenger: the anime but without Captain America, Thor, or Hulk. Nice to see the Punisher, Hawkeye, and Black Widow in the cast.

I wonder why Marvel hasn't thought of giving Spiderman a anime series. Spiderman is well known character in Japan (Toei made a live-action show, and Spiderman had several manga adaptation). He should at least get a anime adaptation (well I want Marvel to get either Sunrise, Toei, or Gainax to do the animation). Also I would love to see Red Ronin to have his own mecha anime since the character itself was influenced by 70's mecha anime. It would be cool if a Red Ronin anime could pay homage to classic and modern mecha anime like the main character called in Red Ronin like in the same style Roger Smith did in The Big O or Red Ronin shooting heat beam out of his chest a la Mazinger Z's breast fire.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it has something to do with Marvel Films only having movie rights to so many characters. I have no idea if that affects doing an anime. Why should it, because the Spider-man cartoon exists.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote
YotaruVegeta wrote:
Maybe it has something to do with Marvel Films only having movie rights to so many characters. I have no idea if that affects doing an anime. Why should it, because the Spider-man cartoon exists.

Yes but it would be cool for Spiderman to have his own anime. Iron Man had several cartoon but yet he got his own anime, same for X-men. I don't see anything wrong with it. Japan love Spiderman and seeing Marvel doing anime co-production I thought why not give Spiderman his own anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
another iron man anime in a movie this time got war machine, black widow, punisher, & hawkeye?

yea what odds a certain you know who aka wolverine will make a cameo in it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4