• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Btooom! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
but why was the guy who was after him talking about his plans out loud all the time?.

I was hoping that it was an attempt at getting him to come out by saying he'd attack both spots. Otherwise, it's just sad that he thinks aloud.
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I want to discuss this anime, I do, I do...but when I sit here and put hands to 'board, all I can do is come up with lame puns.

So, here you go. Here's all the puns I can think of, just to get it out of my system.

So, I guess that guy that died went out with a bang!

To him, life wasn't flare

I wonder if the main kid and that girl'll get into a fight? Probably a big blow-up.

Last words of cliff man: "See you crater!"

The guy's pretty dynamite at the game.

That island is probably his final detonation.

He didn't have a job because he'd just be fired! (this one's lame)

Yelling at his mom was the blast thing he did on the mainland.

Okay...I think that's all of them...
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote
well, he really didn't seem very intelligent
Mylene

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
Mylene wrote:
but why was the guy who was after him talking about his plans out loud all the time?.

I was hoping that it was an attempt at getting him to come out by saying he'd attack both spots. Otherwise, it's just sad that he thinks aloud.

That makes sense for the part where he's trying to pull him out when he can't decide if he's in the rocks or the bushes, but the rest of the time...yeah, he thinks aloud. Then again, I have a coworker that does that all day long (*twitch*) so I guess it's believable. Doesn't make me like anymore than when I'm in the office though. ^_-

For as much as the first episode irritated me in parts, I am very intrigued by the scenes with his mother and his psychological health. I admit, I kind of wish that the plot was not that he's in the game or even abducted, but just gone so delusional that he thinks that he has.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
I admit, I kind of wish that the plot was not that he's in the game or even abducted, but just gone so delusional that he thinks that he has.

I get your point but I just don't see how the story could work that way. Who would want to spend an entire anime slogging through some loser's head space? Not me.

They have a good start on making a pretty good or a pretty bad anime. There does seem to be a couple of plot difficulties (can't call them plot holes unless they remain unexplained.)

Why would the game masters go through all the trouble of spoiler[shanghaiing him and dumping him into the island unprepared? The other guy seemed to be well informed about what was going on, our boy was just damn lucky not to be killed right off. For that matter, being shoved into an airdrop unconscious into a jungle is more likely to kill you than not.] They really don't seem to care if he lives much.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

And so we get the story of the girl across the river, and gotta say that I am kind of likeing this. I mean it is pretty gruesome, and may cause distress with some people, but it is interesting. And it appears to be confirmation that the game was a 360 game, interesting since the console is not too popular in Japan.

I do find it rather unsettling that our female lead was a normal girl until spoiler[just for fun invited her friends over to meet a band, in which said band rapped her friends, and only she escaped. She should not feel the blame for it, she did the right thing in getting out of there and getting the police.] Kind of makes me hate myself for being a man.

And it seems we may have some reasoning behind why it is hapening, spoiler[people taken are from some chainmail where you write some name, they dissapear, you get money. The insane theory I posted earlier] may actually be right. Laughing
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:28 am Reply with quote
ep.2
spoiler[
so now blonde himiko story give living a normal life with girl pals til one day a band appear her girls pals just been "got" & yet himiko run away get call cops while leave them.

cause of this they all left her & now she in island oh meet 3 guys seem bit hmm til food arrive cue every person for themselves.

then fatty try to eat himiko til bring blonde bombs to kaboom fatty & on her own with now focus rid of men on the island til met ryouta? ]
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:28 am Reply with quote
Is it weird that when Himiko got sprayed with that teacher's blood, all I thought was 'Man, there goes her sandwich'?

Aside from that, the episode was pretty good. Good use and mix of flashback and present-day and some believable backstory as to why Blondie is jaded against men. It'll create not only a tension between her and Sakamoto but also allow for a constant air of doubt to their forthcoming alliance (if one even is to exist).

Finally, I legitimately jumped when she got ambushed by the fat guy at the end.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
Himiko about Sakamoto.
Looks like she got stuck on that island as well.
At least she found a friendlier bunch... or not.
Flashback to her normal school days were interesting.
It's gonna be fun watching how she'll react to Sakamoto.
Mylene

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And it seems we may have some reasoning behind why it is happening, spoiler[people taken are from some chain mail where you write some name, they disappear, you get money. The insane theory I posted earlier] may actually be right. Laughing

That does make your initial suggestion seem realistic. It really seemed like the mother wanted him to get a job not just because he was a NEET, but from the way she was so battered down it looked like money was becoming an issue.

The 2nd episode was disturbing, but there' something undercutting about it. You get to ogle the girls, and then the spoiler[attempted rape on the island] is repulsive rather than titillating. It's almost as if there is an attempt to punish the viewer if they got a kick out of an earlier element by making them see the more graphic and less "entertaining" version of the same event later in the episode.
jsc315

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Well the 2nd episode was better, but this show has some serious issues with the characters. The writing is so awful and the characters for the most part act like idiots. Its stupid mindless violence at its worst. I'm not sure if i should bother watching this show as I know I will most likely drop it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Always nice to see a warm little romance get off to a good start. spoiler[Scum.] heh.
underlock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote
You know what? Let's steal a bunch of key plot points from some hentai and create an anime.

And so Btooom! was born.

I'll keep watching. One because I want to see sex, and two because I want to see that lunatic slice more people. This anime doesn't have anything else to offer. At first I was hoping for the 3 to rape the girl, but then 7 seconds later it became clear that the spoiler[fat] guy was gonna be the culprit.

I don't even wanna discuss this. It's like talking about a tin of baked beans.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quote
@underlock You detest it for the very reason you continue to watch it. This means you secretly love it.
underlock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
@underlock You detest it for the very reason you continue to watch it. This means you secretly love it.

And your psychological evaluation means you're a gynaecologist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 19