• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Humanity Has Declined Episodes 7-12 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quote
This show is certainly can not be universal all-time favourite, but it is surely unique:

1) main heroine narration, which is not only at times sarcastic, but also blunt with calling things their true names and exposing everyone's doings, including herself, as they are. I can not remember right away other anime with such intonation (at best, narrator jokes about himself/herself, but not goes much farer than that);

2) sort of Alice-in-Wonderland approach towards social and even political matters, which is slightly more subtle and unusual than outright satire like Simpsons (which are phenomenal, by the way -- just with different approach);

3) quite intellectual overall; not one users feel that authors think they are idiots, offering lame, third-rate plot twists, nonsensical limitations and ideas for making story to move.

4) colour and graphic rendition, some weird, interesting music;

Again, this is not one huge breathtaking blockbuster show, and it is not perfect, but it is truly work of art on many levels, and it is an "Excellent" project for those qualities.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:46 am Reply with quote
I agree with most of you guys. I think the show was very good but uneven. Some episodes were brilliant, while others (the robots satellites arc; the school arc) had good ideas but didn't know where to take them. I especially think this about the last arc: its build-up was great but at the end I didn't quite get what they were trying to say with the last 10 minutes. And even if this is an offbeat bizarre series, the last episode is always important cause that's the taste the series leaves in your mouth.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I agree with most of you guys. I think the show was very good but uneven. Some episodes were brilliant, while others (the robots satellites arc; the school arc) had good ideas but didn't know where to take them. I especially think this about the last arc: its build-up was great but at the end I didn't quite get what they were trying to say with the last 10 minutes. And even if this is an offbeat bizarre series, the last episode is always important cause that's the taste the series leaves in your mouth.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2