• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zettai Karen Children's New Anime Is Hyōbu Spinoff

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danilo07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:57 am Reply with quote
Hopefully I wont have to watch Zettai Karen Children to understand what is going on in the spin off series.I heard that one of the main reasons why it was good,was because of this fellow.
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:05 am Reply with quote
This is. . . extremely disappointing. I was really hoping for a second season.
Pangea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:29 am Reply with quote
AnimeDuelist15 wrote:

I agree... really, really disappointing.
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:31 am Reply with quote
Pangea wrote:
AnimeDuelist15 wrote:

I agree... really, really disappointing.

WTF is up with Manglobe?

First they take Hayate no Gotoku and almost ruin it with the animation, and now they are screwing with Zettai Karen Children.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:17 am Reply with quote
Also very, very disappointed... We knew it couldn't be a second season, though, since Minamoto said "I think it'll be something a little different from what you're thinking DURHURHUR" in the Supplement. As much as I love me some Hyoubu-sama and am a giant Hyoubu fan girl, I am very disappointed that the middle school arc is not being animated (yet!). Definitely the best point of the series, and is what gets me to buy the magazine every single week without fail. At least it's not another OVA though.

And previous person, YES, you probably need to have watched ZKC or read the manga to know what's going on in this series. You cannot just jump in from Hyoubu's spin-off show... I absolutely reccomend watching AND reading (from vol. 16) regardless.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:22 am Reply with quote
Manglobe in charge of ruining ur favorite cartoons. Maybe they have a grudge against otakus for not buying their shows. *conspiracy theories*
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:09 am Reply with quote
A lot of Shonen sunday manga are being done by Mangaglobe lately. I wouldn't be that surprised considering one of the reasons HnG was handed to them was because the mangaka for TWGOK and HnG are friends and they both like the studio a lot for some reason. So it must have gotten to the mangaka for ZTC somehow.
danilo07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
And previous person, YES, you probably need to have watched ZKC or read the manga to know what's going on in this series. You cannot just jump in from Hyoubu's spin-off show...

Well I know a lot of shows that have spin offs which anyone can easily follow even without previous knowledge.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:42 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
A lot of Shonen sunday manga are being done by Mangaglobe lately. I wouldn't be that surprised considering one of the reasons HnG was handed to them was because the mangaka for TWGOK and HnG are friends and they both like the studio a lot for some reason. So it must have gotten to the mangaka for ZTC somehow.

stay away from detective conan and we will be fine
mad mac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Well I know a lot of shows that have spin offs which anyone can easily follow even without previous knowledge.

It's too soon to say one way or the other. I'm going to lean towards no previous knowledge required because it's probably going to be a pseudo-prequel thing. The guy is over 80 years old at the start of ZKC, he has plenty of empty decades they can easily fill with him doing whatever.

I'm overall disappointed because I really really wanted a second season, but this might still turn out neat and worth watching. If it does well enough maybe there's still a chance of a proper season.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:21 am Reply with quote
ZKC is a show where girls have magic powers. Its episodic and practically no development takes place outside of the first episode. No characters are complex with deep and twisting relationships. You should be able to jump into this new series pretty easy as long as you can recognize stuff like the clearly obvious bad guy is the clearly obvious bad guy.

Anyways, profound sadness over this being a spinoff.

Not sure where the Manglobe hate is coming from and claims that thier animation skills suck. They aren't Redlining it on every episode but they do good work.
Space Butler XIII

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quote
How can anyone say Manglobe is ruining HnG with their animation when S2 was animated buy JC Staff? Or how about the fact that the S1 studio is only good at looking cheap?
Togame

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
...Well then. And here I thought nothing could top E7AO.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote
Its not April 1st? Ugh, why would they do this..

Space Butler XIII wrote:
How can anyone say Manglobe is ruining HnG with their animation when S2 was animated buy JC Staff? Or how about the fact that the S1 studio is only good at looking cheap?

Season 2 animation was better in every way, and character designs were far better as well.
Barbobot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 am Reply with quote
It'll probably still be interesting and Ill make sure to watch it. BUT, was really really hoping for just more Zettai Karen Children and not some kind of spinoff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3