• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:41 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I did not really know who it was until looking here as well.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
I thought it was obvious that spoiler[Inia and Cryska] were going to be involved the minute the idea was broached; I just thought spoiler[they'd end up going after Yuuya].
DuskyPredator wrote:
It is sick to think any body of power like that could be one of the most powerful governing bodies left.
It's the Soviet Union - probably the closest there's ever been to a truly, indisputably evil regime(that hundreds of thousands of Soviet citizens signed up for the Wehrmacht in reality should tell you something). Why would you expect it to be any different just because of a little bug problem?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote
damn, sucks to be a Russian grunt
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
So there was no episode this week. Instead we get an "Analyze Special" where Mai Nakahara (Yui), Hitomi Nabatame (Cryska), some random dude, and some person in a Laser Class costume talk about the BETA, TSFs, and the characters.

They previewed the new opening and ending songs and interviewed series creator Kouki Yoshimune about what to expect in the 2nd part of the show. At the end we get a proper preview for episode 15.
ShinnFlowen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
So there was no episode this week. Instead we get an "Analyze Special" where Mai Nakahara (Yui), Hitomi Nabatame (Cryska), some random dude, and some person in a Laser Class costume talk about the BETA, TSFs, and the characters.

They previewed the new opening and ending songs and interviewed series creator Kouki Yoshimune about what to expect in the 2nd part of the show. At the end we get a proper preview for episode 15.

I was wondering what happened with episode 15 so an obligatory review episode was aired instead?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quote
It wasn't a clip show if that's what you mean. Like I said, it was a few voice actresses and some dudes looking at various elements and statistics from the show, like BETA abilities and TSFs and such along with music previews and an interview with the creator.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15

spoiler[Takamura has developed some interesting feelings for Yuuya.
Relaxing after everything that happened in Russia.
Seems like wherever they go they always have some stupid conflicts with other soldiers.
Yuuya still hanging out with Russian girls.]

Nothing much happening this time.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Dere-dere Yui continues to be absolutely hilarious Laughing
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Yes, yes, yes!

Finally, we get more of spoiler[Chinese Miku.] I was waiting for this, but it's a shame the interaction was so short. I'm really looking forward to next week's episode. From what happened at the end -- the introduction of spoiler[Leon, Sharon, and the Infinities -- a lot of drama will happen soon.] They really upped the romance aspect this episode, too. All these interactions with Yui, Crsyka, and other women make me a happy man.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I would have liked the scene to be longer too, if only because her spaghetti strap top agrees with me very, very much. I thought the other tank tops were hot enough, but damn... So maru.

Definitely nice that Yuuya got to spend more time with Cryska. For being one of the main love interests Cryska hasn't had much screen time at all during the first half of the show (something her VA points out in the Analyze Special).

For only knowing the guy for a few minutes, I already want to punch Leon in the face.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15
Ye, I think that's another girl introduced for Yuuya's future love candidate. Inb4 drama, catfights, and misunderstandings. I'm kinda surprised though that Yui didn't show any jealousy (yet).

Not too much happened this episode but the romance aspect is definitely showing now with tsundere Yui. I'm looking forward to next week's episode and possibly a new OP song soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
We're not getting a new op/end until November. As for the songs themselves, the new OP by Minami Kuribayashi is definitely an improvement over the current one. The new ending isn't bad, but isn't as good as the current one.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16
spoiler[
It wasn't only the weather that was cold in Alaska.
Looks like there are always some old grudges that get in the way of things.
The exercises were interesting to watch.
Yuuya vs Lt. Cui!]

That was a pretty cool fight to see.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the battle here was pretty cool. Also nice to see that Cryska's time with Yuuya is finally beginning to have an impact on her.

Yifei continues to be super maru.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16
O, it's Yuuya vs Cui. This should be fun.

I lol'd @spoiler[ Cryska for not knowing what a date is.] Maybe they should go on a real one soon Wink

Nice duel tbh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 26