• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Heatguy J flash

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:42 pm Reply with quote
The new Heatguy J flash animation is doing terrible things to my browser. It runs through the animation to the point where it shows the car coming on, toward the "camera", and then it freezes the application up for a span of about 15 seconds and won't let me do anything.

The other flash doodads you've had in the past have never had the same effect.

If I scroll the page down so that the animation isn't visible, the application doesn't seem to freeze anymore. However, when I browse the forums I tend to open multiple threads in multiple windows, and oftentimes when I switch windows I will get the same effect.

I am running Netscape 7.01 on Mac OSX 10.2
Tiresias

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Can you also kill the audio? EVERYTIME I click on a link it restarts and I've had to completely turn off my own sound because it's so annoying. I don't mind flash enabled ads, but when they have audio it's get irritating to the point that I stop visiting the sites that have them. Probably won't happen with this site, but it still makes me not want to visist.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Tiresias wrote:
Can you also kill the audio? EVERYTIME I click on a link it restarts and I've had to completely turn off my own sound because it's so annoying. I don't mind flash enabled ads, but when they have audio it's get irritating to the point that I stop visiting the sites that have them. Probably won't happen with this site, but it still makes me not want to visist.

what os/browser are you using?

it's only supposed to make sound when you roll your mouse over it... it doesn't seem to do it regularly for me, and i haven't heard it when my mouse isn't over it (which is what it sounds like your problem is)...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:01 am Reply with quote
Orignally there was some audio when the banner was loading (when the "door" opens), but we replaced that by an audioless version. As for the freezing problem that Case reports, I'll try to look into that tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tiresias

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:58 am Reply with quote
I'm using IE 6.0 It's better now that Dan has removed the sound, but now when my mouse happens to go over it I get this delayed loud ping, more liveable than the sound before though. Thanks guys.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1