• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Little Busters Producer: Anime to Cover Everything, Even Though 26 Episodes Is Not Enough

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N.R.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:

Trying to show everything may be a fan-pleaser, but it's a distraction or worse to the casual viewer. Case in point: Clannad and Clannad After Story, which run through the Kyou and Tomoyo arcs as one-shot alternate-universe episodes, and cram all the minor character arcs (Mei, Misae, Yukine) into the first half of After Story, which means that series suddenly goes from its weakest episodes to its strongest, once the focus returns to Tomoya and Nagisa. I still have a standing suggestion to Clannad skeptics (hi, JO!) to just skip all of the first series and the first half of the second, instead just watching episodes 9-22 of After Story. Obviously, you miss a lot of setup, but you get 90% of the good stuff this way, and skip 100% of the bad (another option: just watch Osamu Dezaki's Clannad movie, which lacks the humor and the crisp KyoAni animation, but the ultra-condensation cuts the bloated story to its absolute essentials).

This is the first time I hear such a thing. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but for me the first season of Clannad is definitely miles better than the second one. I loved the first season and hated the second one. It was like night and day for me. The first season is about fun times and bad times. The second one is just about suffering.
kanechin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
thanks for telling me your train wreck will be a bigger train wreck.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3