• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, October 21-27

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maliw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote
will they ****ing fix Bleach 36 to 49 already. What incompetence.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Why is Blue Exorcist 1 back on the list? Did a Blu-Ray or something come out recently which prompted people to check out the manga?
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote
maliw wrote:
will they ****ing fix Bleach 36 to 49 already. What incompetence.
Well, it doesn't look like Bleach 49 is on the list, so it's not incompetence. It's just that apparently Bleach 36 is just that great of a seller.

Personally I'm still happy to see all of the Alice volumes on the list. Can't wait to see where the next volume of Cheshire Cat Waltz ranks when it comes out on the 13th. ^^
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
What the hell is with Bleach 36? I don't own the volume. Does anyone else know why it's so special?

I can understand Blue Exorcist 1. It pops back on the Japanese charts all the time as its popularity increases. It's the first volume, so it makes sense. Bleach 36, on the other hand, is such a random volume and it's been on the best seller list for weeks and weeks now.
sainta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
What the hell is with Bleach 36? I don't own the volume. Does anyone else know why it's so special?

I can understand Blue Exorcist 1. It pops back on the Japanese charts all the time as its popularity increases. It's the first volume, so it makes sense. Bleach 36, on the other hand, is such a random volume and it's been on the best seller list for weeks and weeks now.

I think vol 36 is the one from the Vizard/Visored's past and was very popular for giving a break to the neverending Arrancar fights. Also, the release of the last Arrancar volume could have probably helped in the sales.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1