• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-ON Film Sells 226,000 BD/DVD Copies, 45,000 in Rentals

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Can you say "Third season" three times fast? The are going to milk this puppy while it is still warm.
yu3lora

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote
I'm one of the 226,000 people.. :3
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
Can you say "Third season" three times fast?

I can! And it might be more than just wishful thinking now that there are at least two volumes of new manga.
Give me "K-On!!!" I think that I sill still love this show even if it gets to ten exclamation points!Smile
And I am eagerly and impatiently awaiting the North American release of the movie.

Quote:
The are going to milk this puppy while it is still warm.

Milk is good for you.Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I'd have been one of those 226,000 people if I wasn't looking for a job. I did import The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya on Blu-Ray, but I was still employed at the time.

K-On! is easily my favourite manga/anime franchise of the past half-decade and I'm looking forward to the eventual North American release of the movie and the continuation of the manga and the high probability of a third season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I'm looking forward to the eventual North American release of the movie and the continuation of the manga and the high probability of a third season.

Did I miss something? The manga (both high school and college) was cancelled/finished was it not? Are you referring to the NA release of the manga then? Granted, I wouldn't be surprised to see more K-ON manga made. Kakifly will need some more money eventually I think.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Tenchi wrote:
I'm looking forward to the eventual North American release of the movie and the continuation of the manga and the high probability of a third season.

Did I miss something? The manga (both high school and college) was cancelled/finished was it not? Are you referring to the NA release of the manga then? Granted, I wouldn't be surprised to see more K-ON manga made. Kakifly will need some more money eventually I think.

There are two volumes of manga that continue past where the TV series ended. One covers Yui, Mio, Ritsu and Mugi in college, the other covers Azusa, Ui and Jun in their third year of high school.

They're sorta mediocre, but then again, the K-On manga was never really something to write home about.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I know that. I even mentioned them (high school and college). However, you don't seem to know that they have already ended.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Are you referring to the NA release of the manga then?

Yes, that's what I meant, the North American release of the new volumes. I thought the junior girls manga was still going, though. EDIT: I see they're both over.

Last edited by Tenchi on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Yes, I know that. I even mentioned them (high school and college). However, you don't seem to know that they have already ended.

I missed your parenthetical
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1