• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kuroko's Basketball Threats Lead to Canceled Dōjinshi Event

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:38 am Reply with quote
"Kuroko's Basketball Funeral Committee Head." Okay, that's kind of funny in a sick, twisted, I'm-going-to-Hell sort of way.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quote
DAMN IT! This guy has got to stop!!!! he's ruining all the good stuff for the fujoshi! Mad Mad

and I can't believe they're delaying the Hi-Kyuu event! It could become the next Kuroko! Damn, Magi and Hetalia as well!

I'm sure the fujoshi want to kill this....this specimen who's the cause of all this. I want him in jail!
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:

I can't believe they're delaying the Hi-Kyuu event! It could become the next Kuroko! Damn, Magi and Hetalia as well!

I'm sure the fujoshi want to kill this....this specimen who's the cause of all this. I want him in jail!

I don't know about all that. >__>)

I’m upset as anyone else (I can’t attend any of these events in the first place; I would like some Fate, Kuroko & Hetalia doujin) but let’s be reasonable.

Yeah, I want this person to either go to jail (harassment on this level has to be illegal) as well. Or to be put in a room with fluffy white walls to bounce off.

So long as civilians, workers for the industry, the creator Tadatoshi Fujimaki, and his family are safe from this person, I can understand the cancelation.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
I strongly disagree with the cancellation.

It's wrong, IMO, to capitulate to fear. It just sends a message to this guy (and anyone thinking of doing something similar) that terrorism tactics get results.

They should hold the event anyway and make sure that everyone knows to keep their eyes open.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I strongly disagree with the cancellation.

It's wrong, IMO, to capitulate to fear. It just sends a message to this guy (and anyone thinking of doing something similar) that terrorism tactics get results.

I agree, but at the same time, the organizers are obligated to think of the safety of all participants. Who knows what lengths the culprit will go to?

But seriously, all this over a manga/anime series... Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1