• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Flowers of Evil Anime to Run on TV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to it then.

I've been reading the manga and it's really twisted with psychological elements. It's more than just the typical romance but a dark mind twist throughout the series.

An entertaining read though definitely especially late @ night Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kohii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:46 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Looking forward to it then.

I've been reading the manga and it's really twisted with psychological elements. It's more than just the typical romance but a dark mind twist throughout the series.

An entertaining read though definitely especially late @ night Twisted Evil

It is not a romance at all, imo. There are people in love but it doesn't feel like a romance at all. It's juicy, twisted, and crude. And I love it.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote
They turned this into an anime already? I must have missed the news. The manga was announced like months ago. Be interesting to see. I guess I'll have something else to watch after Mysterious Girlfriend X. More twisted love stories.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
Twisted is right! In fact, it's got a mean streak in it and I'm tense every time I turn the page. Can't wait to see how faithful it will be. Now if they ever made an anime based on Sundome....ahhhh.... Twisted Evil
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:42 am Reply with quote
Cruchyroll reported that the adaptation would be somewhat liberal, and more so than the director typically works on. That's a bit worrying, because it sounds like the dudes with money were the ones who didn't want a faithful adaptation, which suggests a significant amount of edge-loss.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Cruchyroll reported that the adaptation would be somewhat liberal, and more so than the director typically works on. That's a bit worrying, because it sounds like the dudes with money were the ones who didn't want a faithful adaptation, which suggests a significant amount of edge-loss.

That's disappointing. I'm much less keen on the idea now.
dragon695

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
In a moment of weakness, he finds and takes home the gym clothes belonging to sweet, pretty Nanako Saeki on whom he has a major crush.

Wow, this is just creepy.
Maciste

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Quote:
In a moment of weakness, he finds and takes home the gym clothes belonging to sweet, pretty Nanako Saeki on whom he has a major crush.

And that's just like the least creepiest part of the manga. Trust me.
Kohii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Quote:

Are you familiar with the term "reverse raep". Cause you're in for something enlightening.
Vertical_Ed
Company Representative

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Yttrbio wrote:

That's disappointing. I'm much less keen on the idea now.

From what we have read about this... The art direction is going to be a bit different. But not so much the content. That said the series is just entering it's third and final arc (possibly two more volumes to go from this monthly series). So who knows how the anime will end relative to the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1